Advice for interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've applied for a job at a new maidenhead aquatics store that's going to be opening just around the corner from me :D

any hints and tips for if I get an interview? And does anyone have any words of wisdom if I get the job? :D

keep all your fingers crossed for me!

tell them about your expirence as a fish keeper ie what tanks you have what fish you owe, how long you been doing it for etc etc

dont forget maidenhead need 3 experts saltwater, tropical-brackish and finaly malawi/chilids if you got good sw knowledge and exp you have a better chance

keenfish said:
dont forget maidenhead need 3 experts saltwater, tropical-brackish and finaly malawi/chilids if you got good sw knowledge and exp you have a better chance

Hmm... I don't have any practical experience of saltwater, and not much experience of malawi/cichlids, only what I've read here really :) time for some serious swotting up I think ;) I've only had just over a years experience keeping fish, but I've read so much on here and in books and magazines that I know a lot more than most if the people on this island (how big headed does that sound?) ;)

Just think positive and face the interview with confidence. Every time experience is not require. If your interviewer find that your are interested to learn new stuff he will hire you. All the best.

Try to show then that you are a very personable person who shows interest in others, because every good salesman/woman i have ever come across has this trait. GOOD LUCK!

Dress to impress (Me and my Dad proved the truth of this) and you will have a HUGE one up on everyone else! Be confident and truthful. Tell the experience you have and what you feel you can bring to the company! I dont know if you are a Christian or anything but I always pray before I go into an interview.

Sales is definitely something you need to have people skills for. When I was interviewed at my lfs they asked me over 5 pages of questions. They key answer in regards to fish in which I answered is that upon build rapport and trust with the customer you can match the right fish to the right home. Asking questions is key. Like how big is your tank, how long you've had it, is it cycled, etc etc. Also sometimes relating your own experiences to the customer is helpful and separates you from being labeled as just an ordinary salesperson. I'll go over my sales guide that I teach to my staff and if I can give you any advise I'll pm you if that's ok with you. I do sales in electronics and with aquatics but both use the same selling techniques which is awesome. Pm me if u think I can be of any help

Chronos313 said:
Sales is definitely something you need to have people skills for. When I was interviewed at my lfs they asked me over 5 pages of questions. They key answer in regards to fish in which I answered is that upon build rapport and trust with the customer you can match the right fish to the right home. Asking questions is key. Like how big is your tank, how long you've had it, is it cycled, etc etc. Also sometimes relating your own experiences to the customer is helpful and separates you from being labeled as just an ordinary salesperson. I'll go over my sales guide that I teach to my staff and if I can give you any advise I'll pm you if that's ok with you. I do sales in electronics and with aquatics but both use the same selling techniques which is awesome. Pm me if u think I can be of any help

Yeah, that'd be brilliant if you could! I need all the help I can get ;)

Back
Top Bottom