Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2005, 10:06 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

She's actually my age, 22 and he is 24.

I'm not venting as mentioned above, just asking for opinions on how to deal with grumpy roommates. I've never had to deal with them before. All through college I had great roommates, then me and James moved in together, and it's been great.

I got a 12 pack of soda tonight, put it in the fridge and looked her dead in the eye and said, If you touch it, you buy it. HAHA. It was too funny. She's becoming more pleasent tonight, but that's just because I lost it on her earlier. We'll just see how it goes. Thanks guys. Again, not venting, just needing opinion.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

haha when u leave for the weekend, shake em all up.
or punch a hole in the bottom and fill it with urine hehehe

Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 06-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
man i'm 24 and i've got 3 1/2 kids... I must be dead inside.
Heh. I didn't mean to imply thats the yield of kids. I did mean to imply that, during the period, choosing between talking to my lady about her not drinking soda *or* sitting down and maybe not fighting wouldn't be a difficult choice. I suspect she would have called talking "lecturing." Its being a jerk out of selfishness -- an act of shortsightedness out of laziness ("stress" being the easy choice of worrying about a problem instead of solving it). No sob story.

wet.biggiantnerds.com
Old 06-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #14

Quote:
As many of you probably know, during the week I stay at my parents house since it is a LOT shorter of a communte to work (1 1/2 hours from my apt and only 10 min from their house). I LOVE the weekends because I am out of here.
Do the commute more often, or even full-time!
That's the part that You control.
I'd do the drive, say every other day, keep almost all your stuff in the apartment. You'll get used to the commute, I do 130 mile round trip commute twice a week, through DC/Baltimore rush hour, so I know bad commutes.
If you and your sodas and stuff aren't there, you can't be bugged by the grumpy sis-in-law...

Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with lyquidphyre. Kill her with kindness. Be as sweet as you can be and then some. And when you leave for the weekend, fill a cooler with ice and take home what ever food and drink you bought during the week. Don't give her the opportunity to take your stuff. She knows the soda is yours, and she is taking it anyway.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:57 PM   #16
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Re: Advice on grumpy "roommate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
Since my brother (Dustin) and his girlfriend (Mandi) had a son a year and a half ago, she has moved in. So Dustin, Mandi, and my nephew are living in the upstairs.

They refuse to buy their own beacuse they say they don't make enough money to support a child, car payments, insurance, and all the other expenses. SO they don't buy ANY groceries or give my parents money for rent or utilities, but they still continue to drink all mine and my parents' soda and eat all their food.

What would you guys do in my situation? I've tried talking to her but she just walks away. Her and Dustin are having screaming matches constantly. I don't think it was too much to ask that if they drink the soda, they should supply the next stock of it. What do you guys think?
Honestly? The the pair of them should be drowned in a stream like so many unwanted barn kittens.

I know that sounds unbelievably evil, but I have no patience or care for people that rather than make their way own their own, maliciously leech off the goodwill and familial love of their parents/inlaws (let me guess...little miss soda thief does not even have a job)....I hope your next post is to tell us that your parents came to their senses and pitched the lot out on their fattened behinds or bought a lock for the fridge. I know you are close to your brother, but if he (and your parents) allows himself and his family to continue on in this manner, the situation will in all likelihood, be the same in 5, 10, 15 years down the road.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 06-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFeKt
haha when u leave for the weekend, shake em all up.
or punch a hole in the bottom and fill it with urine hehehe
You just made me laugh.....thats funny
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Toirtos, lol
I didn't wanna say it.
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 06-22-2005, 06:43 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tortois, corvuscorax. Very well put. Seriously, the bottom line is that all of you may be imposing, one way or another, on your parents. If your parents are like mine, they may not say anything, but still feel it. You are concerned about sharing the soda, your parents are sharing their house, bathroom, water, electricity, privacy, etc...

If it is a major concern, you may want to consider the commute. I did 100+ miles/day for almost five years. You may be saving time and money, but it does not sound like anybody is having any fun.

Sorry, don't mean to butt in, but the logic of the gripe was a little puzzling. I'm really glad things are starting to mellow out. It is absolutely normal that all those people in different stages of life (older parents, new parents, single person) would grate on each other at some time. Good luck.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 06-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Another thing you could do is lick all of the can tops in front of her. Or better yet, tell her that 3 of the 12 spent some time down your pants; do you feel lucky?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com