Advice on grumpy "roommate"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA. That's funny Deli and Toirtis. My parents actually told them that they have to get out of the house beacuse it is driving them nuts. BUT, then my parents just back down and don't say anything. They were supposed to start looking for a place in January, but that hasn't led anywhere. She actually has a job right now but she isn't working. She got into a car accident (A drunk hit her one night, thank GOD I was babysitting Hunter and he wasn't in the car with her) and broke her right arm, wrist, and had to have knee surgery. So I feel kind of bad for her since this just happened about 3 weeks ago. But she hasn't been working since it happened because her job requires lifting 50 lbs continuously. Last night I must have really made my point because she went to town and bought 5 cases of soda and wrote everyone's name on each 12 pack. It was too funny.

Me staying at their house really isn't an inconvience. Actually, I opted to commute, but my mom said that if I did, she would shoot me. HA. Sarcastically of course. I'm working for her full-time until she gets NASD certified for the Series 6 and 63. It's a condition for one of the companies she sells for. But I do pull my own weight by doing the gardening, landscaping, mowing the grass (which takes 5 hours by riding mower), cleaning, stuff like that.

Hopefully this is all over and little Miss Thang will come to the realization that she isn't queen of the household. Everytime something like this happens my mom always says, It's your house, not hers. But I'm just not into confrontation and arguing. So normally i just let it slide. I guess it's time to just stand up and tell it like it is. :D

All of this confirms what my husband and I need to do when the kids go off to college - sell the house and get a cozy one bedroom place of our own 8O

fishyrican said:
I did 100+ miles/day for almost five years.

I actually know a chap that, for 3 years, 5 days a week, drove 300km (186 miles) to work, drove municipal transit for 8 hours, then drove 300 km (186 miles) back home!...of course, as long as I have known this guy, he has survived on 4 hours sleep a night with no apparent ill effects.

I did commute part of my freshman year of college for about 4 months, every day. It was 80 miles each way. It wasn't so bad except the drive is nothing but fields and hilly roads. Gets boring so it feels like it takes 4 hours each way and if you get behind a slow driver, there is no way that you are passing them. Then the countless number of train tracks that you ALWAYS get behind a train. :D That was in the day of driving my old car, but now that I have a new one, I'm trying to keep the miles down. I've already put 8,000 miles on it since December.

I have found the trunk of my car to be an excellent storage area for someone else's coveted goods. Take whatever is necessary (lots or little) into the house, only as you need it. Soda, beer, wine, snacks, anything....can all be stored away in the trunk. I have the only key! :D
Diane

dianeww said:
I have found the trunk of my car to be an excellent storage area for someone else's coveted goods. Take whatever is necessary (lots or little) into the house, only as you need it. Soda, beer, wine, snacks, anything....can all be stored away in the trunk. I have the only key! :D
Diane

That wouldn't work too well in AZ, here it would probably make your car explode LOL and at the very least it would ruin your food.

I like the idea of taking it with you to your own place. Why would you leave it there knowing it will be gone when you get back in 4 days?

Considering it gets about 100 degrees here during the day, I can only imagine how hot my trunk gets being in the direct sun all day long. I'm assuming that the soda would explode. :D But good thought.

I've been killing her with kindness all day long. I even offered to babysit Hunter while she goes tanning and jogging. That was more for me than her though. :D I love babysitting my little nephew. He's growing up so fast and he does all sorts of cute things that it's fun being with him. But she doesn't know that. :) She thinks I'm doing it for her.

All I have to say is GOD BLESS YOUR PARENTS! If you think the living situation is getting to you imagine how they must feel with kids who have kids and kids who have their own apts and yet everyone is still under their roof!!!LOL

It's part of her therapy. It's not really jogging, mainly walking but she tries to jog the corners of the track (she can jog for a couple seconds, but has to stop because of the pain). She works for a factory and has to lift a machine up over and over and over and over all day long stamping stearing wheels. The machine weighs about 45 to 50 lbs. With her arm, she can't do that. But she can walk perfectly fine. She actually goes into work every morning, stands there for 45 minutes waiting for them to give her something to do, then she drives home because they have nothing for her that doesn't involve lifting.

50 pounds over her head all day long? She must have 30'' biceps to pull that off.....doesn't sound accurate.

The machine is most likely counter balanced on some sort of boom. You probably have to have enough strength to move it around. That's why the strength requirement. I have worked at a few places where lifting was required; the guys who had been there a while were more often wirey rather than big. Fifty pounds just isn't enough weight to encourage hypertrophy in most people. Especially when it is offset by a mechanical advantage...

It is accurate Andos. She's pulling a machine up and down that has the resistance of approximately 50 lbs. She's sore everyday that she comes home. She has to move a press around that stamps stearing wheels.

Fishyfanatic said:
It is accurate Andos. She's pulling a machine up and down that has the resistance of approximately 50 lbs. She's sore everyday that she comes home. She has to move a press around that stamps stearing wheels.

Sounds like she needs to move into office or computer admin or something...probably pays better, too.

She really should, but if she's not up and moving around all day, she goes nuts. She came into the office today and helped me go through out client files and I thought she was going to snap from the non-movement work. She's going to go back to school to become a juvenile probation officer, so that will be better than what she does now. And she TOTALLY has the personality for it. We always joke with her and tell her that she'd make one heck of a cop with her attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom