Age of Aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Age of Aquarists

• Under 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-18

• 19-25

• 26-35

• 36-50

• 51+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zacdl

Well It seems most of the people that keep aquariums are in their 20s, was just wondering what the average age is?

I am 26 now but I started keeping fish in my early 20s. It blows my mind how little I knew back then.

21 here, got my fish 2 years ago... er "aquarium" fish.. had a few bettas in bowls when i was 16+ but didn't know anything about fish until I found this site

I am 32, feelin pretty old right about now LOL. No, seriously, Aquaria was something I always wanted to delve into, as did my hubby, but start up was always too cost-inhibitive. Last year we bought a 20 gal tank with all the fixins at a yard sale for $10 , so here we are! And darned if I haven't caught that nasty old multiple tank syndrome LOL.
The only downside to fish is they don't like to be petted and are a bit to slick to cuddle. That's why God made cats and dogs.

I started when I was in my teens (15 or 16) and except for a brief break during law school, have been keeping fish since then. I am now 32.

Odd. All the aquarists I know personally are 25 and up with some being well in their 50's and 60's.

i started keeping fish...betta's at 10. i am now 15. i have had them off and on. never continuesly.

i started when i was like 8 lol. then i stopped after all my fish died and now im 15 and back ina ction. RAWR

I started keeping fish at around 10 and I am now 36 and very addicted.
We have 9 tanks up and running ranging from 2.5-180 gallons.

My mom kept some goldfish for my and my brother when I was young. I'm 17 now and have been keeping tropical fish for a little under a year but have learned an incredible amount of info about fish, much of it from these forums. :) I plan on having fish for a long while.

43 as of yesterday. Have been in and out of the hobby (due to many moves) since I was about 10. As much fun now as it was then. :)

48 here. Had a 35 gal. FW tank when I was in my teens.... Did'nt know anything about aquaria then. Poor sword tails... :roll: Into SW since last November. Fishes are still in QT while the main tank cycles.... again. Had to shut down the main while I was overseas for 2 weeks. Could not find anyone here knowledgeable enough to be a fish-sitter. Time to make some buddies from the local aquaria club. :lol:

DISCLAIMER: That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :mrgreen:

8)

Wow, I feel old... 8O

I had tanks years ago, then got away from it. Now, I'm back to it once again, and loving it! I've had snakes for a few years, and ferretts, hamsters, dogs, cats, the usual assortment of animals that come along with raising kids. Now, I'm an empty nester. I actually had no pets at all until my recent adoption of Blue, (our cat), and now the tank. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom