Aim or yahoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aim Or Yahoo?

• Aim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive noticed that more older people use yahoo.. and the younger generations tend to use aim..? Maybe im just psycho.. hehe

Older people use yahoo because of the games I would imagine. I started out with YIM because I was big into othello back then. Now I am only on when I am playing Hearts. On a side note, we should start a hearts tourney. If you are interested, perhaps we can start a new thread. A pm would be nice to avoid the threadjack.

Internet Relay Channel. Goes by several names...mIRC is one of the most popular and Trillian is a service that connects you to IRC.

Whoops...IRC is used for Internet chat.

Lyquidphyre said:
I use trillian, which is AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and IRC rolled into one

I have trillian as well. If I didn't, I would prefer YIM. YIM has better emoticons and smilies, plus...you can conference other users easily. :D

I have yahoo open separatly from my trillian just because I have multiple names, and if im singed on as "name one" and someone msgs "name 2", I can only respond as "name one"... its frustrating

I dont like yahoo as much as AIM/trillian because the biggest losers random msg me on yahoo... its like the come out of the woodworks to msg me

You are aware that you can "ignore" unwanted/uninvited msgs in YIM yes? I know that YIM's drawback is that once you're online...everybody on your buddy list gets a little message to let them know. :evil:

Jchillin said:
You are aware that you can "ignore" unwanted/uninvited msgs in YIM yes? I know that YIM's drawback is that once you're online...everybody on your buddy list gets a little message to let them know. :evil:

That's what AIM does, and it lets you know that other people are on. You can take them off on AIM, meaning..you dont have to get the little pop ups, bt on YIM i am not sure if you can...I should look into that.

My favorite thing to do is go invisible on aim... Its rare to find me visible ^^

YIM allows invisable. That makes you appear offline when your online. When Im busy I will do that so I dont get hit with alot of msg's.

The ignore is nice on YIM. For some reason I get alot of people trying to 'dirty chat'.

I also use Trillian so I have the full complment of popular chat accounts. YIM, AIM, MSN, IRC, ICQ.

When people that don't know english very well try to "talk dirty" to me, i mess with them. I just say random things like "Do you wish to run with my apple of ice in the fields of butter?"
*snicker* They act like they understand what im saying....
Ah, good times good times

I use both YIM and AIM. I like them both but like BubbleyBlue, I have alot more contacts on AIM.

I must be the odd (wo)man out here because I don't use either. Good ol MSN Messenger works for me. And speeking of ICQ, WOW, I haven't used that in YEARS, at least 7. I do still remember my number. There is a big hacking problem with that program though. Did anyone here have Pow Wow when it was huge? I remember when I started using that it was the coolest thing in the world because you could see the other people typing AS they were typing.

Personally, I like YIM. AOL is nice too, but YIM has got the cooler features. Message archive, emoticons that make me laugh all the time, an easier confernce chat feature, and the status messages. AIM can do most of that, but not with as much class and style as YIM.

I have ICQ but hardly ever sign on to it.

My vote is for YIM.

With yahoo you get too many "spam" messages from people wanting you to "follow me into my room and view my cam". AIM just wasn't my style. MSN is awesome. If their was an option, I would vote MSN.

Yahoo all the way. Instant linkage to yahoo chat, and I listen to launchcast plus all the time.

My hatred for AOL and all the evil it stands for gets greater and greater as time passes. They put too much crap on my PC when I just want to chat, and pop up annoying messages that tell me "what you're doing is not important, do this instead".

I also have a window open in IRC for ferret's site www.gamehavoc.com though.

So I'm only the second person here who uses ICQ? I use my ICQ account (along with a number of my friends), but use the trillian client because my wife uses AIM because half of her family is on AOL *shiver*. I'm so old... my ICQ number only has 6 digits! I've had 1 ICQ account and have been using the same one ever since I created it!

...... god I'm old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom