Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-23-2005, 11:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie
If American's would take a step back and look at what the rest of the world is paying they may start to realize that every since the introduction of the combustion engine they have payed way to little for gasoline. As a result, automotive companies have been only to willing to develope biger and less fuel efficient vehicles. Wake up and smell the gasoline, these prices are not high compared to the rest of the world. That's my two cents from a non-American.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:33 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
see, I wouldn't have a problem with gas prices if America's system was set up like some of Europe's. Yes, you all pay very high prices but a portion of that goes to healthcare and schooling. It is going to more than someone's pocket.

And I agree part of the responsibility is on Americans, but it isn't like we can easily get those fuel efficient cars like they have readily available in Europe. Also, look at the difference in living situations. All of America is spread out. That is just how it was developed. In Europe, things are much closer together, they have better alternatives offered for transportation, etc... They have preferred parking for those itty bitty cars. It is set up so that people would rather get those smaller cars than anything big. HOWEVER, I've been over to Europe for nearly 4 summers in a row and I can say that each year I go back, I've seen more and more SUV's (and just so you know, I was visiting France, Spain and Italy).

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com