An aqaurium enthusiast radio show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could still have a page for pics and give out the link for winners?

Ursi said:
You could still have a page for pics and give out the link for winners?

Right. The station has a domain. So i would be able to check the emails given to me. I'm really enjoying all the input. Because before I pitch the idea i'd like to have clear focus week by week.

One thing that's bothering me is, what sorts of thing could I talk about for an hour?

Great idea, but personally I feel this hobby is all about the visuals! What it you did a webcam kind of thing! You do live shows but with video! ... Aquascspe tutorials etc. there is definitely a way to make a quality aquarium show! But I think video is a must personally

Evansimp said:
Great idea, but personally I feel this hobby is all about the visuals! What it you did a webcam kind of thing! You do live shows but with video! ... Aquascspe tutorials etc. there is definitely a way to make a quality aquarium show! But I think video is a must personally

That is great advice! Well I know in the studio we'd have a ustream channel. I'd love to have some people come in and do an aquascape tutorial. That would be awesome.

There are a few podcasts out there for this hobby. As I drive a lot for work it's a great way to pass the time and absorb more knowledge. Having guests would be cool, what's going on with your tank, or others tanks. New trends equipment upcoming gatherings etc.

Beginner or not we all have experiences to share. Things we regret doing or buying...if its out there then maybe Someone can learn something from it.

I would def listen

I would listen but I don't see the station making any money off of it as the audience especially at the local level is slim

Just saw in a later post that it was Internet radio.. Just so you know anyone can make an online radio station so one of you smart fish people could make 1.

I think it's a great idea with a lot of potential. Just needs a motivated individual to make it happen haha! If someone wants to start one, I will help all I can. I'm not to savvy making websites but I have a lot of photoshop experience and I like to think I have some pretty good ideas haha

We should contact the forum moderators and see if there is interest in a Aquarium Advice podcast or Youtube channel. I would be glad to help host it, we (my company) have the studio equipment and bandwidth needed.

There are a number of "caricatures" that would be great talent for such a show on this forum.

I am interests in an aquarium audio and/or video podcast. Thre are some on iTunes, but several seem to be defunct and the is no great weekly podcast that covers aquarium fishkeeping. Podcasts are fairly easy and cost effective to do. If you can get it on traditional radio, too, so much the better; but I believe that you will really reach your audience though a podcast.

Whatever I can do to help. ??. Pod cast could be good. Or even a station in aol radio. YouTube is a great start, that's the first place anyone goes to find, see or learn about something.

Whatever I can do to help. dde0adde0a. Pod cast could be good. Or even a station in aol radio. YouTube is a great start, that's the first place anyone goes to find, see or learn about something.

YouTube would be my first place to start. Mr Saltwater does an okay job, but I would like to see a more "consumer reports" approach to it. The guys on TWIT TV do a great job of this with technology.

I would def help somehow I could be a guest caricature that calls in or via webcam do something silly but informative.

We should contact the forum moderators and see if there is interest in a Aquarium Advice podcast or Youtube channel. I would be glad to help host it, we (my company) have the studio equipment and bandwidth needed.

There are a number of "caricatures" that would be great talent for such a show on this forum.

I'm one of those caricatures

Back
Top Bottom