Angry !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just been to the local pet store , for bird seed ! And as usual I'd have a look at the fish while I was there, to my disgust there was no aeration or movement of water in 80% of the tanks and the fish were so lethargic and gasping air at the top of the water so I grabbed a member of staff and explained that with a combination of this heat and lack of oxygen these poor fish were going to die pretty soon :( she replied oh I just sell the fish the man who looks after them is off sick.. So I set about explaining if there is no oxygen blah blah blah... I think she got the idea .. She was off to tell someone else , unfortunately the manager wasn't there or he would have really got a ear bashing from me ! As I left 30 mins later she was telling someone else who was going to phone the man who usually looks after them.... Jeeez give me the job :) so I'm off back tomorrow to make sure the fish are ok ! If not the manager is in for it !

Unfortunately this is the only pet store in my area, the others are worse and a lot further away ...I think it's the Spanish way , they just don't seem to give 2 hoots about animals in general ! Apologies if there are any fish/animal loving Spanish members, but if there are you are a minority and I wish there were more like you ..

Rant over :/

I've just been to the local pet store , for bird seed ! And as usual I'd have a look at the fish while I was there, to my disgust there was no aeration or movement of water in 80% of the tanks and the fish were so lethargic and gasping air at the top of the water so I grabbed a member of staff and explained that with a combination of this heat and lack of oxygen these poor fish were going to die pretty soon :( she replied oh I just sell the fish the man who looks after them is off sick.. So I set about explaining if there is no oxygen blah blah blah... I think she got the idea .. She was off to tell someone else , unfortunately the manager wasn't there or he would have really got a ear bashing from me ! As I left 30 mins later she was telling someone else who was going to phone the man who usually looks after them.... Jeeez give me the job :) so I'm off back tomorrow to make sure the fish are ok ! If not the manager is in for it !

Unfortunately this is the only pet store in my area, the others are worse and a lot further away ...I think it's the Spanish way , they just don't seem to give 2 hoots about animals in general ! Apologies if there are any fish/animal loving Spanish members, but if there are you are a minority and I wish there were more like you ..

Rant over :/

Wow sucky fish store

Back
Top Bottom