Annoyed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is 6 black skirt tetras and 2 male guppies too much for a ten gallon? Cause this stupid petsmart guy wouldn't let me get 3 more because I was breaking the one inch rule... Which I know is bogus!!! I only have three black skirts, and 1 (now 2) male guppies, so I was gonna add 3 more tetras, which I thought was ok. It made me so mad!

The inch per gallon guideline is crap, as you know. :p

That said, black skirts are too active and grow too large for a 10 gallon IMO. I would strongly suggest sticking with a smaller and less active species of tetra like glowlights, neons, embers, etc.

Ok. That's fine. It just bothered me. Then he told me what to do to acclimate them... I was like "it's ok, I have my own method" and when he asked, I sat there and told him about drip acclimation, his mouth dropped open, and I gave him the biggest grin a 13 year old can give.

Homedog98 said:
Ok. That's fine. It just bothered me. Then he told me what to do to acclimate them... I was like "it's ok, I have my own method" and when he asked, I sat there and told him about drip acclimation, his mouth dropped open, and I gave him the biggest grin a 13 year old can give.

Haha. Good for you! That's why I hate going to the chains. They think 13 year olds are challenged or something. When I bred bettas, I bought a male and female, the guy was like "I can't sell you them they will kill eachother!" My LFS however, is always up to date on my projects (my recent dwarf seahorses), and they treat me like a normal PERSON. :)

-Dylan

tornadonick said:
I like making mine angry by sitting there for ever trying to pick an individual fish out of the tank, especially when they all look alike

I do hat anyway without trying to make them mad :) It literally is a life or death choice, and I hate buying something on impulse.

-Dylan

you should be god with 2 more. Just keep up with the water changes.Im sure you will eventuali upgrase tanks.

mfdrookie516 said:
I doubt that. Maybe getting close to Chuck Norris, but I'd say your statement is pushing it just a little ;)

LOL!

I'd be quite a bit perturbed if they refused to sell me something. But at that age, they sort of have to assume you don't know what you're doing. Because lets be honest, how many 13 year olds out there are actually diligent fish keepers.

You're just a rare breed. :)

I'm 13, and I get the same thing at my Petco and Petsmarts. I literally end up explaining things to THEM at times! :O

Same here. But the look on his face at the end cracked me up!:) and I love the chuck Norris joke! But ya, I'll just leave the stock as is. At least now everyone has a buddy. I'll just get the rest once I upgrade this summer!

I'm 15 but I look probably 16 or 17 (look at my profile pic on my page) and they are always like, "do you know about testing water?" and I'm like "yes, it's important to me and I do it twice a week" and they said "do you even know how or what to test?" and I give them a dirty look and say: "I own an API master test kit, calcium, phosphate, etc. Test kits, and I have a total of 200 gallons of tanks set up, a few have been up and running by my work alone, since I was 7." they look at me and say, "oh so um, you DO know fish, what would you like" I'm just so furious at stupid people like that....

Emi929 said:
I'm 15 but I look probably 16 or 17 (look at my profile pic on my page) and they are always like, "do you know about testing water?" and I'm like "yes, it's important to me and I do it twice a week" and they said "do you even know how or what to test?" and I give them a dirty look and say: "I own an API master test kit, calcium, phosphate, etc. Test kits, and I have a total of 200 gallons of tanks set up, a few have been up and running by my work alone, since I was 7." they look at me and say, "oh so um, you DO know fish, what would you like" I'm just so furious at stupid people like that....

dont you love the human race

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I definitely agree with ya emi, I'm 19 but have wanted to be a marine biologist since I was around 5, currently goin to college to do what I love and I swear, I go to so many stores and even wildlife parks down in Florida and I'll talk to workers who knew less that I did when I was 7, so many people assume teenagers and kids today don't care about anything except videogames and television, but there are plenty of us who work and study to be the best at what we enjoy, there is no reason even young people shouldn't be respected for the knowledge they worked to possess. Lol sorry for the essay ;) I've thought alot about that obviously lol

Back
Top Bottom