Another New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I set up the last one, I told my husband not to worry, I wasn't going past five tanks... it was not to be. I did mean it when I said it, but...

I found cool new crowntail bettas at Petco, and gues what?... Just had to have one!

I got a little betta tank and set it all up. Then my friend Janet got a double tank with two bettas. Well, we can't have that... she can't have a better tank than me! Hee hee... I took my first tank back and got a double!. I have the Red Knight and the Blue Knight and they like to joust!

So now I have the two bettas and they do "face off" a lot. I hope they get used to each other and don't do it all the time, but they sure look pretty when they do.

Does anyone know if it's too stressful for them to be near each other all the time? They sure are near each other in the store, like stacked on top of and next to each other.

Attachments

• p3040001_123.jpg
    p3040001_123.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 25
  • p3040002_234.jpg
    p3040002_234.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 19
  • p3040003_258.jpg
    p3040003_258.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
Is there any way you can set up that divider to be opaque?

Studies about training Bettas show that a glimpse of a rival is the best reward for training. I'd guess 24/7 exposure is going to be stressful though. In nature one of them would get killed by the other.

you could always put a tallish plant on the divider side so it blocks their view a bit.
Congrats on the new tank!

Good thoughts. I was thinking of some kind of "slip in" divider. I may have my husband cut me a piece of colored plexiglass to slip down next to the divider. Maybe a simple lip of plastic at the top to hang onto the clear divider. We'll see what I can come up with.

Or... along the line of Meredith's idea, maybe a permanent colored plexiglass divider that's only half the width and covers only half the clear divider... yeah.. that could work!

Congratulations on the new tank and betta! MTS is a wonderful thing isn't it? I've promised my husband the 10th tank will be the last......for now. :wink:

dskid,

I just re-read your post and realized the glimpse is a good thing to the betta... such simple minds and pleasures. They seem to be doing fine now. One hangs out on the far side of the tank when he doesn't want to be bothered and then comes over to "threaten" when he wants to. The other one, "The Red Knight" just threatens most of the time. Obviously, he would be the dominant one!

Hey Anne, I told my husband the fifth would be the last... now I have six. (hee hee, we're such sick people). BTW, what types of tanks do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom