Another one put on the "right track" :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today a friend at work asked me, why is her fish sick, since she knew I'm an aquatic-able guy ;)
Her goldfish (I presume it's a goldfish, according to her description) is resting vertically on the gravel, face-down. I asked her about her cleaning routine...

It turned out, she never changed her water, and just cleaned her filter... with tap water... every other week or so... I'm amazed, that the fishes are still alive, to be honest. :blink:
Anyway - I made her buy some Aqua Safe and do about 80% water change and bring me some water to the workplace, so I can test it for her.
At least she's on the right track now ;)
I hope I did gave her right advice :whistle:

That large of a water change might shock the fish and kill it. If it's been kept in lousy conditions for a long time, it's become acclimated to those conditions. Changing it over to a clean tank all at once actually does not work in your favor. Sad, but true.

Hope it all ends up well.

That large of a water change might shock the fish and kill it. If it's been kept in lousy conditions for a long time, it's become acclimated to those conditions. Changing it over to a clean tank all at once actually does not work in your favor. Sad, but true.

Hope it all ends up well.

I didn't think of that, to be honest... :lol:
She's not doing anything just yet, so there's still time to put it right ;)
Would you think something like 20% PWC once/twice a week would do the job better?
The fish may be acclimated, but its obviously ill at this point :(

It's because the fish is already ill that you need to be cautious. I'd do maybe 25% weekly.

Back
Top Bottom