Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #11
i3k
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What makes me mad is that my power company ignored me last year when I complained about 20mph winds knocking out power every few minutes. I told them, it can't possibly be normal for 20mph winds to knock out power every few minutes. I explained to them that when the power would go out I would hear an extremely loud pop coming from the electrical pole across the street.(I think the wires run underground to our building from that pole...is that possible?)They kept telling me that this is normal and that's how it supposed to work. Are you freakin' serious? Is it gonna take a building catching fire before these idiots send someone out to check on the electrical pole?

Anyway, that was last year and I'm not sure if they actually sent someone out, but the power has been stable this year up until the recent event. The winds we had a few days ago were more like 35mph and knocked the power out. I noticed tonight, that all the exterior door lights around our block are not working since the power loss a few days ago.

I will call them and hopefully they listen to me and send someone out. I shouldn't have to pay money to a private electrician if it's not a fault at my end.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3k View Post
What makes me mad is that my power company ignored me last year when I complained about 20mph winds knocking out power every few minutes. I told them, it can't possibly be normal for 20mph winds to knock out power every few minutes. I explained to them that when the power would go out I would hear an extremely loud pop coming from the electrical pole across the street.(I think the wires run underground to our building from that pole...is that possible?)They kept telling me that this is normal and that's how it supposed to work. Are you freakin' serious? Is it gonna take a building catching fire before these idiots send someone out to check on the electrical pole?

Anyway, that was last year and I'm not sure if they actually sent someone out, but the power has been stable this year up until the recent event. The winds we had a few days ago were more like 35mph and knocked the power out. I noticed tonight, that all the exterior door lights around our block are not working since the power loss a few days ago.

I will call them and hopefully they listen to me and send someone out. I shouldn't have to pay money to a private electrician if it's not a fault at my end.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
You wont have to pay anything if it is at the pole, you are responsible from the metersocket (you own the metersocket). All I know is, you need someone there now. Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Wondering what ever happened with this situation...
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #14
i3k
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Completely forgot about this thread...sorry. We finally had someone from our power company come out Monday. I wasn't here, but my roommate said he saw them spend an hour at the power pole. So far so good...no problems. But we'll see what happens the next time we have high winds.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3k View Post
Completely forgot about this thread...sorry. We finally had someone from our power company come out Monday. I wasn't here, but my roommate said he saw them spend an hour at the power pole. So far so good...no problems. But we'll see what happens the next time we have high winds.

More than likely that was where the problem was. I do hope it is solved. Remember, if you ever see that happen again...call them out immediately. Glad it turned out ok thus far!

Tags
weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com