Any Future tanks ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All off topic posts were removed. Please stay on topic or thread will be closed.

Woo! My boyfriend texted me while I was at work to tell me he found a hexagonal tank at a thrift store for $35 with a stand! He says he thinks it's about 2 feet tall, so as far as I know it should be a 35 gallon. I'm sending him with the $35 tomorrow to see if they will hold it for us until I get my car running or until my neighbor can bring me to pick it up! Not sure what I will put in it.

That's Is really cool , the only place you can get a 35 gallon with a stand that cheap would be Craigslist or eBay , that is a good deal

I might be getting a 125 gallon tank soon from someone who inherited it but knows nothing about fish and rescuing about 40 fish from the people I'm buying the tank from!

That's cool , the fish will be happy once they're with you , I can already tell you take good care of your fish ( other animals )

I'd love to get a tank(s) large enough to hold; a black ghost knife, flowerhorn, discus, and elephant nose
I know that most/all can't go in the same tank so it'll be quite a while before I get around to it. And I'll have to quit some breeding projects to start any of these up.

I'd also like to do a reef tank one day. I'll have to get a much better job so I can afford all the equipment an fish before that can happen though.

For now I'm focusing on making some gorgeous show tanks. Heavily planted and aquascaped like you see in the contests. Lol if only I were a bit more artistic! My tanks now all look like overgrown jungles

If I ever got a 75 gallon I would either get an Oscar or flower horn , and that's awesome

The hex tank is definitely in my very near future! It's paid for so now I just have to pick it up! And find a place to set it up...

The hex tank is definitely in my very near future! It's paid for so now I just have to pick it up! And find a place to set it up...

That's the challenge we face with new tanks. You find a cheap tank/stand then say 'ok, it's home. Now where the heck to put it.' I'm in the same boat. Paid $10 for a 29 and stand, now I have to clear out another room for it. And my mom wants a 55 but she also wants to put a tile floor in IF we ever get this new puppy potty trained and that's a big if lol.

Yeah, I have a bunch of crap in a spare room I want to clear out for tanks, but I kind of want this one to be a nice show tank. And alas, I just found a spot next to the tv kind of. And all that needs to move is a pile of DVDs! And I think my water changer will reach! If not, I am looking for a longer hose, lol.

I would eventually like to set up a 100+ gallon discus tank, with a nice school of discus and lots of plants and DW...

I want a 36 gallon planted with GBR and a schooling fish that I have not figured out yet....

Back
Top Bottom