Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Woo! My boyfriend texted me while I was at work to tell me he found a hexagonal tank at a thrift store for $35 with a stand! He says he thinks it's about 2 feet tall, so as far as I know it should be a 35 gallon. I'm sending him with the $35 tomorrow to see if they will hold it for us until I get my car running or until my neighbor can bring me to pick it up! Not sure what I will put in it.
__________________

__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Random Fishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
Woo! My boyfriend texted me while I was at work to tell me he found a hexagonal tank at a thrift store for $35 with a stand! He says he thinks it's about 2 feet tall, so as far as I know it should be a 35 gallon. I'm sending him with the $35 tomorrow to see if they will hold it for us until I get my car running or until my neighbor can bring me to pick it up! Not sure what I will put in it.
Lucky! Endless possiblilitys
__________________

__________________
Random Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm just happy that when my boyfriend sees a tank he wants me to get it! I will probably use it for a male betta and some schooling fish or a nice angelfish if I can find one.
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Tetra1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
Woo! My boyfriend texted me while I was at work to tell me he found a hexagonal tank at a thrift store for $35 with a stand! He says he thinks it's about 2 feet tall, so as far as I know it should be a 35 gallon. I'm sending him with the $35 tomorrow to see if they will hold it for us until I get my car running or until my neighbor can bring me to pick it up! Not sure what I will put in it.
Good for you, hope it's still there. This proves your not crazy!
__________________
Tetra1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 984
I might be getting a 125 gallon tank soon from someone who inherited it but knows nothing about fish and rescuing about 40 fish from the people I'm buying the tank from!
__________________
bmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarine View Post
I might be getting a 125 gallon tank soon from someone who inherited it but knows nothing about fish and rescuing about 40 fish from the people I'm buying the tank from!
So you decided which one to get. Awesome, I hope everything goes well
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Oohitsae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Central, OH
Posts: 1,600
I'd love to get a tank(s) large enough to hold; a black ghost knife, flowerhorn, discus, and elephant nose
I know that most/all can't go in the same tank so it'll be quite a while before I get around to it. And I'll have to quit some breeding projects to start any of these up.

I'd also like to do a reef tank one day. I'll have to get a much better job so I can afford all the equipment an fish before that can happen though.

For now I'm focusing on making some gorgeous show tanks. Heavily planted and aquascaped like you see in the contests. Lol if only I were a bit more artistic! My tanks now all look like overgrown jungles
__________________
Oohitsae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post

So you decided which one to get. Awesome, I hope everything goes well
Yup! I'm pretty sure thats the one! And thanks, me too
__________________
bmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Random Fishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohitsae View Post
I'd love to get a tank(s) large enough to hold; a black ghost knife, flowerhorn, discus, and elephant nose
I know that most/all can't go in the same tank so it'll be quite a while before I get around to it. And I'll have to quit some breeding projects to start any of these up.

I'd also like to do a reef tank one day. I'll have to get a much better job so I can afford all the equipment an fish before that can happen though.

For now I'm focusing on making some gorgeous show tanks. Heavily planted and aquascaped like you see in the contests. Lol if only I were a bit more artistic! My tanks now all look like overgrown jungles
Jungles are AWESOME! It's like have your own amazon in tank! I wish I had a tank like yours. My tank looks cheesy.
__________________
Random Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarine View Post

Yup! I'm pretty sure thats the one! And thanks, me too
Bet the fish will be happy too!
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.