any one have a strange combo of fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robyndarlene

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have in my 75 gal tank:
1:
-severum
-jack dempsy
-fire mouth
-mystery cichlid
Also have:
4 black skirt tetras
About 15 misc corys
2 gold loaches
1 fire eel.
This is going against all aquarium laws but yet it works! I have NO agression in my tank. Anyone else have similar experience?

I have a jack dempsy and some swordtails in my Mbuna tank. The jack will obviously get moved once he grows up a bit, but at the moment he's only 3-4" max and does really well with them.

I think the size of your tank is what is allowing you to break the nature laws. Its big enough they can each have a territory and you have a good mix with the smaller guys as top dwelling and aggressive guys as bottom dwelling.

I had this same mix in my 29 gal tank. I think I just got lucky!

I got a female betta in a tank with
11 neon tetra
2 albino cory
3 juli cory
2 ghost shrimp
& a handful of rams horn snails

They all live happily together. =)

I have a yellow tang, purple tang, and lieutenant tang. Had fighting between the yellow and purple at first but i sorted it out. Been ok so far. Also had a juvenile blue face angel and flame angel too. never fought

When they were in the 29 they were tiny babies. But they grew and my tank condition got over crowded. Still no fighting. When I had the chance I upgraded toa 75 acrylic. Still fine, no problems. All are about two years old.

I have a yellow tang, purple tang, and lieutenant tang. Had fighting between the yellow and purple at first but i sorted it out. Been ok so far. Also had a juvenile blue face angel and flame angel too. never fought

Do you have much exp with angels? I'd love another pair in my tank but if I get another male/female will mine kill them? Mine are about 3 inches (without fins) anout 9inches tall with their fins. I have male and female veil angels. Ones yellow ones black.
They are the most agressive thing in my tank as of now. I really wanna try another pair of angels but I don't know if it'd work out??

Make betta and 3 platy fry I'm a 10 g with no aggression. I actually catch em swimming together. Oh and I have ramshorns in there

robyndarlene said:
Do you have much exp with angels? I'd love another pair in my tank but if I get another male/female will mine kill them? Mine are about 3 inches (without fins) anout 9inches tall with their fins. I have male and female veil angels. Ones yellow ones black.
They are the most agressive thing in my tank as of now. I really wanna try another pair of angels but I don't know if it'd work out??

My knowledge of fw angels isnt that great, i deal mostly with sw angels. If its a mated pair id think that they would kill any other angels, but thats just my thought

I was given an angel fish (for free w/tank) that turns out he ate his brothers and sisters (3 others) I think it was because the lady kept them in a 10g all their life. She never conditioned the water either=( his scales fell off.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131008_073740.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131008_073740.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
I was given an angel fish (for free w/tank) that turns out he ate his brothers and sisters (3 others) I think it was because the lady kept them in a 10g all their life. She never conditioned the water either=( his scales fell off.
sad story but suha beautiful angel

i have an all male tank with serape tetras, rainbow fish, golden rams, electric blue rams, dwarf gouramis, neon tetras, glow fish, cockatoo cichlid, and bumblebee cat fish. never any fighting. i think this is because there aren't any females in the tank so the fish aren't territorial and my tank is 5 ft long so there's lots of forward swimming room.

i have an all male tank with serape tetras, rainbow fish, golden rams, electric blue rams, dwarf gouramis, neon tetras, glow fish, cockatoo cichlid, and bumblebee cat fish. Never any fighting. I think this is because there aren't any females in the tank so the fish aren't territorial and my tank is 5 ft long so there's lots of forward swimming room.
post a pic woah

Back
Top Bottom