Any other Tae Bo-ers out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started doing the beginner Tae Bo tape the first week in May - been doing it 3-4 times a week since (except for one week - very mad at myself :evil: ). I am feeling great and really toning up!! In a couple of weeks I will most likely purchase another dvd....I have heard wonderful things about the Boot Camp set so I might pick that up. The first couple of weeks it was a little hard - trying to gain stamina and trying to coordinate my moves with his, lol.

Does anyone else Tae Bo?

I used to Tae Bo in high school, It was SO much fun. We used to make fun of Billy Blanks beacuse in one video his outfit is a LITTLE too tight. Then in college I bought the entire set on VHS. Then a couple months ago I got his Tae Bo video with the punching bag thing. Never did get the bag though, seemed pointless. But yes, in high school I absolutely loved it. I felt great after doing the 7 minute workout because we would do that, then go walk 2 miles. It's fast paced (the 7 minute workout), but fun. My mom tried doing it a couple years ago and fell on the floor from exhaustion. It was too funny beacuse I'm up there doing the kicks and here she is laying on the floor.

Awesome!

I have a friend up north who's wife has Tae Bo"ed" for years and loves it!
Any cardio and stamina building workout is well worth the effort. . . it's the discipline that always kept me from stickin' to it.

I've been taking martial arts classes for about a year now, and that's helped quite a bit (with the discipline). Just remember that Tae Bo does not equal Self Defense. :p

I used to tell my brother that I could kick his butt beacuse I knew Tae Bo. :D It worked sometimes. Those high kicks really do get you prepped. :D It's hard to maintain the schedule when doing it at home, but going to a gym and doing it, it's easier to do. I wonder why? Maybe because at the gym I am in the workout mode.

Well, I know that I don't practice my art nearly enough when I'm at home, but when I'm at the school, there's nothing I can do but practice. :d

High kicks = low balance = you on your butt! :lol: They do, however, work your legs out like nothing else! ;)

I have a set of Tae Bo tapes, I did it for a while, but I could never get past the beginner tape :lol: The advanced is SO fast. I never really had "fun" with the Tae Bo, and I am much less likely to work out if I don't like what I am doing. I am working out with The Firm now and Pilates. I like those a lot. The last time my husband did the Tae Bo beginners tape, he hurt his neck and that really put him off it too. :lol:

Meredith- I didn't enjoy the tapes unless I was working out with someone. My mom, sister-in-law, and myself started doing a string of workout videos and walking. They weren't exactly fun, but working out in the trio made it fun. It was too funny when we were all on the exercise ball. At the end of it one night they have cool down and we got into a triangle and put our feet up on each others balls so our legs looked like a triangle and Mandi pushed a little too hard on my moms ball and she went toppling over backwards which sent me flying backwards against the couch into the wall and Mandi just sat there balanced on her ball. :D That was too funny, we should have had that on video. Ever since that night the balls ahve been in the basement half deflated. Then came along the stretch things, then the Stair stepping thing, and so on. It can be alot of fun if you work out with someone else. That's what makes walking the track bearable.

Fishyfanatic said:
I used to tell my brother that I could kick his butt beacuse I knew Tae Bo. :D It worked sometimes. Those high kicks really do get you prepped. :D It's hard to maintain the schedule when doing it at home, but going to a gym and doing it, it's easier to do. I wonder why? Maybe because at the gym I am in the workout mode.

See, I am at the opposite. I wake up early and do my workout, hit the shower and it's off to work! It's harder for me to actually drive to the gym and get motivated after work.

I find the tapes fun because I have been at the gym working the boring machines and this is so fast paced and makes me feel really good about myself afterwards.

I know what you mean Lori. After work I am too tired or there is SO much to do that going to the gym just isn't in my schedule. Thankfully I found a gym that opens at 5 am. They have classes and do the Tae-Bo among other things. They even have a couple showers. They are just like showers at a camp site (small, all tile and not really all that nice), but if you want to do a quick rinse off and wash your hair before heading to work, then it's great.

I used to go between classes when I was in college. I had a 2 hour break after my first class and before my second class. Now that I'm out of college I've tried jogging first thing in the morning, but that's impossible unless I get in my car and drive 10 miles. I'm too scared to walk the road that we live on. The neighbors have dogs that are full of diseases and will bite anyone that walks by. I tried doing it once and took pepper spray but a dog chased me all the way up my driveway as I sprayed it in the face. Never again. 8O

lmw80 said:
I wake up early and do my workout, hit the shower and it's off to work! It's harder for me to actually drive to the gym and get motivated after work.
This is actually the most efficient way to burn fat as your glycogen levels have already been depleted and it has to turn to fat stores for energy. Just wait until you have finished to eat your breakfast.

Fishyfanatic said:
Most dogs aren't affected by pepper spray or mace. I knew a guy who's dog would try to bite the top off a can of mace so he could lick it up.

cJw said:
Just remember that Tae Bo does not equal Self Defense.
No doubt. That was the first thing I was thinking; please don't try to use it to defend yourself. You'll get hurt. By the way, what martial art do you practice?

I also read that people who work out in the am rather than the pm sleep better.

Just wait until you have finished to eat your breakfast.
hm...never tried eating during Tae Bo.... :lol:

lmw80 said:
I also read that people who work out in the am rather than the pm sleep better.

Just wait until you have finished to eat your breakfast.
hm...never tried eating during Tae Bo.... :lol:
Yeah. I guess I could have been a little more clear on that one. Do your exercise first, eat your breakfast later.

The AM/PM really depends on the rest of your activity cycle. If you try to workout close to bedtime, you'll have a harder time getting to sleep because of all the changes in body chemistry that happen during a workout.

When my daughter was much smaller, I would work out after she went to bed at night. I never had trouble sleeping but I never really saw results. She is old enough now that she tries to exercise a little with me in the mornings but usually ends up playing until I am finished.

We bought Hunter (1 1/2 years old) a ball that looks similar to our exercise ball and everytime we would get on the balls, he would roll onto his on his stomach and push back and forth. Baby exercise. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom