Any Really Good Public Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dallas aquarium is the only one Ive ever been to and some things are really awesome, while others are lacking. They have a MASSIVE FW tank that holds two manatee as well as catfish, several common plecos and other "native" fish. It also has a few "random" species only tanks (large octopus, puffers, sting rays, jellyfish, and giant crabs from hell) but I wasn't terribly impressed by their salt water tanks. The attraction is probably more for the otters, manatee, while aligator etc than it is for the SW tanks because the SW tanks reminded me more of doctors office tanks than anything else.

I`ll tell you A few years ago I was in Nashville Tenn. and went to a restaraunt called the Aquarium and it had this huge aquarium in the middle of the restaraunt and all the tables were around this tremendous aquarium and it had sharks and every fish imaginable. To me it was a great experience. The corals were not real. But it was still worth it.

I like the Baltimore aquarium. I haven't been there since they added on to it. I have also heard the one in Atlanta, Ga, is the largest in the States. I used to live in Monterey Bay and went to the aquarium, but I don't remember anything about it.

bs6749 said:
Has anyone been to the new one in Atlanta? Isn't it supposed to be the largest aquarium in the world? My aunt, uncle and their kids went and said it was really nice/neat.

my grandma visited it, and said it was kind of a bummer, "all the aquariums in the place put together is the largest" i think she said. i guess she was thinking they had a massive aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom