Any Virginians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

youronlysin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll be moving to the Williamsburg/Richmond area in about a year and am going to need to find some work. I'm an electronics technician in the manufacturing industry by trade, but I dont know what kind of companies exist in that area. I know of Siemens Automotive, Infineon and another company called DNS Electronics; all of which I've already applied to. Does anyone know anyone that works for any of these places? How much can an Equipment Support Technician expect to make in that area and what is the cost of living? Ive seen small apartments rent for a thousand dollars a month (wayyyy out of my budget) and Im afraid to move there and find out I cant afford it. Anyone know any good places to contact for rentals, houses or jobs?

I am in Richmond but I'm afraid I can't help out much, unfortunately. I am in the medical field so I don't have much knowledge about your line of work, but I can tell you that the cost of living in the New Kent Co. area is going to be lower than what it is in Richmond proper, but higher in the Williamsburg proper area. You are not going to have to pay a grand for an apartment, I am sure of that.

What about Siemens/Motorola White Oak Semiconductor? In terms of large manufacturing companies we have Philip Morris and Tyson chicken, and Nabisco.

When I moved back to VA (hometown) from years in FL, my bank actually was the most helpful in my relocation, helping me set up a mover, finding an apartment and storage when I got here.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom