Anybody watch tanked tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw about 10 minutes of the show a few nights ago and had my fill, the scripted stuff is just ridiculous and the poor acting makes it not even remotely believable, didn't manage to get to the fish tanks unfortunately, but my feelings weren't hurt.

jetajockey said:
I saw about 10 minutes of the show a few nights ago and had my fill, the scripted stuff is just ridiculous and the poor acting makes it not even remotely believable, didn't manage to get to the fish tanks unfortunately, but my feelings weren't hurt.

Poor acting I can agree but there brand new I am sure they will get the hang of it I kinda like them but that's just me

Prosob said:
Thanks Ryan i will I love ther build outs they are really cool how much do u think they go for fish and all

Probably in the ball park of 8-10 g's for the ramp tank I am not sure though they should show a total cost

I would bet every bit of atleast double that. Thetank alone is a custom built and fabricated acrylic. The front glass is 2" thick!!! Did you see the qt tank setup they did? They said that entire build, from inception to running inhouse, was over 30g...... granted if I had the money id def spend it on some rediculous tank, but I LOVE diy and the rewards of such

I dont know if its just me but I think a skateboard ramp tank is a horrible idea. Fish react to loud sounds and tapping/banging on their glass. I would imagine they are bothered by the constant banging on the front of their tank and the loud noise, not to mention a skateboard flying towards them. Thats just my opinion though

Id think that its a 900g tank along with a 2" front sheet, it prob doesn't get too much noise. Not too mention they can only use softer indoor wheels

I sure hope not. lol. Id like to think they wouldnt build something that they know sould potentially hurt the fish

Copachick said:
I dont know if its just me but I think a skateboard ramp tank is a horrible idea. Fish react to loud sounds and tapping/banging on their glass. I would imagine they are bothered by the constant banging on the front of their tank and the loud noise, not to mention a skateboard flying towards them. Thats just my opinion though

And on top of that I don't think acrylic would be good for skateboarding on anyways. They do make urethane wheels which might grip it better but idk...I think its a bad idea.

Especially polished acrylic.... but it their defense its only an up down 1/4 pipe, its not a drop-in ramp, so it'll prob hold up ok. Id be more concerned with the edges of the acrylic chipping

huma-huma said:
Especially polished acrylic.... but it their defense its only an up down 1/4 pipe, its not a drop-in ramp, so it'll prob hold up ok. Id be more concerned with the edges of the acrylic chipping

Yeah a nice rounded chrome corner at the top would have helped

Yeah. I've always thought the pool with a surrounding tank would be cool. Especially if it was placed so that it was able to be supported above ground with a bar underneath it. Excuse me- let me go chase my dream... Lol

mfdrookie516 said:
an acrylic see through swimming pool with a 2' wide aquarium around it? as in, fish all the way around the pool

Woahh...and you can see the fish while swimming and outside of the pool.

You'd have to be able to prevent pool water splashing into the tank though

the Skateboard ramp tank was very cool !
ALTHOUGH....is it soundproof?
would the fish become stressed from the constant bang and crash of the skateboard hitting the tank? (same reason we don't tap on the glass)

The gumball machine tank was also very clever and colorful too.

Bubble_B0y said:
the Skateboard ramp tank was very cool !
ALTHOUGH....is it soundproof?
would the fish become stressed from the constant bang and crash of the skateboard hitting the tank? (same reason we don't tap on the glass)

The gumball machine tank was also very clever and colorful too.

Lol idk of its the same but flossy made a tank out of a gumball machine before they did

Don't wanna come off wrong but please make sure you read over the recent threads before posting questions. The tanks they build are normally 1.25" acrylic, but the front panel on the skateboard tank was bumped up to 2"... plus they can only use urethane "indoor" wheels on their boards, which are softer.

super glad I'm not the only one who questions that show lol I still watch it tho and I don't know a whole lot about sw being a fw person, but common sense lol

Back
Top Bottom