Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #101
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?

Just felt the need to have a little Barney thrown into the mix to calm the waters.....
Haha. That was pretty far out there. But I like your thinking.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #102
Aquarium Advice Activist

I hope they do a behind the scenes or maybe a little trivia segment on the technical parts to fish keeping. Maybe that would quell some of the worries of all the hobbyists out there. I read that it was only a six part series and we are two episodes down... Hoping I like the overall show. I'm still undecided.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #103
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
i just picked up a copy of Tropical Fish magazine that has an interview with the brothers into both their business and the show, and ill be the first to admit that i have a very different and respectable mindset towards them now. Anybody who questions their ethics or quality should read this article. They are apparently a very well-established and widely known company, even overseas. Also from everything ive read and see, they are unbelievably first class.. guess the fault lies strictly with how these builds are shown and presented across the tv to us viewers. But none the less i will be following along with this show to see some different builds
I completely agree with rookie and mac. You both stated my feelings well.
Thanks Huma for posting this. I will try to read the article.
Personally, I liked the show. I will continue to watch it. I do not expect education about the HOWs of fishkeeping while watching it and the rest seems to up to your personal preference.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

If the magazine article shows that they are that well respected (haven't read it yet but plan to), perhaps it's just another case of a tv station editing and fine-tuning a show to represent only what the channel wants to represent.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #105
AA Team Emeritus

You hit the nail on the head, the show is fairly scripted and really comes down to what producers think will keep ratings up. The show shares similarities with American Chopper, but with aquariums. The company is very well respected for their work and is top-notch, unfortunately it got lost in the first two episodes by "showmanship." I'd love to see them move to a more educated audience and add some substance or at least a more in-depth process as to the actual tank construction.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #106
Aquarium Advice Freak

On the topic of the long horn cowfish...made me feel a little bit better when they tossed the 'toxic' fish into the car tank...jeez I have been losing sleep at night worrying if he is gonna nuke my mushrooms let alone tangs, snowflake eels, etc in the car tank. So funny how they portray the marine fish hobby but the tanks are amazing. Have to admit I liked the website more since I didn't have to listen to them talk.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

For me the bottom line is that I expected more from an Animal Planet show. The show is called "Tanked" but a little more about fish on "Animal Planet", isn't an unrealistic expectation.
But I agree the tanks are cool. The phone booth tank though, not so cool for all those fish.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendiDell View Post
a little more about fish on "Animal Planet", isn't an unrealistic expectation.
You mean you're not a fan of "Hillbilly Handfishin'"? *Gasp*
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #109
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

You mean you're not a fan of "Hillbilly Handfishin'"? *Gasp*
I don't Like that show!!!! Ahhhhh!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #110
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Love that show lol I've gone noodling all my life lol

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com