Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbird
I for one would like to see MUCH less of the fake drama and hystrionics. The whole "oops, we made the access openings at the top of the shark tank too small, so now we have to put the shrieking woman inside to place the decorations" charade was a joke. Enhanced by someone making the colossal "mistake" of putting 20 sharks in the tank a day earlier than they were supposed to. PLEASE!

They must have a non-chunky kid on their staff that normally does that type of work. But apparently the TV-viewing public needs to be fed stereotypes to be entertained. I was further bored by the whole "you must find a way to spend more time with your family" routine. I hope they drop that, or I will be fast-forwarding thru it.
Amen! Especially the ridiculous "interviews" they do with the cast. All that is poorly acted useless information. I wish this was on the discovery channel

Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Do what the rest of us do, ignore the bogus crap and pay attention to the wonderful tank ideas and fish. The one thing I cant grasp is why EVERY tank has fake coral inserts....cmon

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma
Do what the rest of us do, ignore the bogus crap and pay attention to the wonderful tank ideas and fish. The one thing I cant grasp is why EVERY tank has fake coral inserts....cmon
Their clients are not smart enough to setup their own aquariums.... How are they going to be able to take care of coral? Remember, these people are paying someone a whole lot more than they should to setup everything and do the maintenance.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats exactly the point. These customers are obviously not strapped for cash... So why spend 20,30,40 grand on a setup and go with corals??
Old 08-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Activist

Um, so far as I've seen, it's not once been live coral, it's artificial inserts manufactured by the guy in the hat.

-Mac- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Corals need someone who knows what they're doing to look over them. If it dies, then everything dies, which will look bad. If a fish dies, it will be easily notice and can be removed easily. Not the same with coral. These people just want something that you feed and that's it.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Typpical, gotta have something fancy that doesnt require constant brain power... Tht takes the true fun out of the hobby
Old 08-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know which is why I got all of my stuff new from the store instead of buying a pre built tank with everything from craigslist. I love doing it all by myself lol
Old 08-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #129
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

To each there own as far as setups are concerned. This show really was not designed for the typical hobbyist like most of us here who do our homework and research on these animals and our much smaller scale systems. I'm not a huge fan of it, from all that the show portrays to us. There may be more behind the scenes than what is provided. It's a money making business and these people just have had the time money and resources to invest in it. Who knows they may recommend someone who does large system maintenance on tanks such as they build as a help to one anothers business. It's all hard to say. I guess what I'm getting at is that this show is pretty much showing people unique and large aquariums, and not information on setting up caring and long term maintaining of a reef aquarium or any other type set up for that matter like most hobbyists would like to see. But honestly if we want info we can find anything on the Internet and through books. I'd rather talk to someone who's knowledgable on all aspects of the setups we all care for and maintain. There is a lot of good and bad out there, facts and opinions it's just a matter of what we tend to believe from one another. This hobby is constantly evolving with great things, trial and error but it's how we learn. Who knows maybe someone will put out a show that's more designed for the novice through advanced aquarium owner. We will have to wait and see. But I agree it should be through the discovery channel. Sorry for the rant everyone lol.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love how the woman carried the ladder like it weighed 200lbs. Why doesn't her husband be a man and carry it or feed the fish

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com