Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
There is some drama, but what do you expect from a show marketed as a reality show? Don't get me wrong, I watch it and enjoy it, but I do think it could be better. I just don't think they should go in detail about everything that some people want to see... it would be boring for me, and most likely boring for those that aren't already involved in the hobby. They do a pretty good show to do an average of 3-4 builds in an hour block.
Yeah, you gotta realize that only aquarium hobbyists would be interested in all of the technical stuff where as the general audience will be interested by scenes of big interesting tanks, cool fish, coupled with the side of drama/antics and would probably be bored by correct procedure and or all the behind the scenes stuff they're not showing. The technical stuff of aquariums. If you get what I'm saying

Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma
But they truly talked about it in the qt tank episode. And I try not to overthink it but its plain as day to see that almost the whole show is scripted. All in all I feel that animal planet took a genuinely interesting company and show possibility, but had to try and spice it up with pointless extra drama. Cant help but notice that the shows not even truly about the tanks or fish, its about the family
That reminds me of american choppers. It focuses more on the family dynamics and junior/senior than it does the bikes. Maybe they're trying to do the same except with building tanks

Old 09-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #153
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

All the popular shows are...

American Chopper
Sons of Guns
Lizard Lick Towing
Operation Repo

Those are probably 4 of my favorite shows (aside from the network series that come on soon... NCIS, etc). They all have interesting content, but have a lot of the family drama in them. That's what people like to see, so that's what they like. Just like supply and demand. Lots of people want something, they make lots of it. You can thank big brother for that.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Im currently beating big brother with a stick... I understand all the dynamics behind why its formatted the way it is, but if they'd cut the completely fake and scripted stuff, they could feature another build or two each show. I don't mind the thestrics to an extent, but I do mind being treated like a mindless retarded one-celled organism. People actually think that these shows are real? (Atleast the drama part)
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #155
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Love the show the more people watch the more people will try it
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #156
Aquarium Advice Newbie

A great show is called tanked lots of drama and fish tooooo
Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #157
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Am I the only one that thinks this, or is the husband almost similar to the husband from king of queens??? Love the show, but it does give off tue wrong impressions on setting up tanks right off the bat to people that have no idea what they are doing. I wish it was that easy
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #158
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Am I the only one that thinks this, or is the husband almost similar to the husband from king of queens??? Love the show, but it does give off tue wrong impressions on setting up tanks right off the bat to people that have no idea what they are doing. I wish it was that easy
Hahahahahahha I told my sister he reminded me of him!! What's his name Doug?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #159
Aquarium Advice Newbie

They make it seem it's ok to dump the fish in i would like to see a follow up show to see how many live
Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #160
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Are still alive sorry

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com