Anybody watch tanked tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bubble_B0y said:
they are trying to drag the show for as many episodes as possible. So they limit the number of projects they show each week.

I believe this is just a mini-series to gauge the audience, if it does good theyll prob bring it in for a true season.... But after following these comments and remarks, idk if itll honestly get picked up

Ok so I lost all respect for the show when they put a sweet lips in the 90g keg tank. . . b
BUT im watching another episode and did appreciate the time they took to mention acclimation and possible diseases from poor acclimation

you sure they did that? the keg tank was african cichlids. They put one in the 280 some odd gallon (i think that's what they said) gumball tank last night.

Maybe that was it. Either way its pathetic, although the tank is 280 odd gallons, the sweet lips can get up to 3 feet long ... not good for a round tank

wow, didn't realize that. perhaps they have some kind of deal where they take them back after so long... who knows. Definitely a lot going on behind the scenes. Based on the limited knowledge we've been able to see, it sounds to me like they really know what they're doing. It's just getting masked behind all the deleted scenes.

Def is alot of stuff going on behind the scenes which is what upsets me, they spend soooo much time focusing on pointless drama bs. Just wish it would focus on a lil more tanks

huma-huma said:
I believe this is just a mini-series to gauge the audience, if it does good theyll prob bring it in for a true season.... But after following these comments and remarks, idk if itll honestly get picked up

They are already booked for another season and in a later post you said your happy they mentioned acclimation but they mentioned it in every episode and there is not much drama just some antics but that gets us to know the cast I think it's funny and love the show just don't over think it and enjoy the show

There is some drama, but what do you expect from a show marketed as a reality show? Don't get me wrong, I watch it and enjoy it, but I do think it could be better. I just don't think they should go in detail about everything that some people want to see... it would be boring for me, and most likely boring for those that aren't already involved in the hobby. They do a pretty good show to do an average of 3-4 builds in an hour block.

But they truly talked about it in the qt tank episode. And I try not to overthink it but its plain as day to see that almost the whole show is scripted. All in all I feel that animal planet took a genuinely interesting company and show possibility, but had to try and spice it up with pointless extra drama. Cant help but notice that the shows not even truly about the tanks or fish, its about the family

Keep in mind the average joe watching the show has very limited knowledge of fish husbandry and isn't upset or vexed upon seeing a fish that grows to 3' placed into a 90 gallon tank.

mfdrookie516 said:
There is some drama, but what do you expect from a show marketed as a reality show? Don't get me wrong, I watch it and enjoy it, but I do think it could be better. I just don't think they should go in detail about everything that some people want to see... it would be boring for me, and most likely boring for those that aren't already involved in the hobby. They do a pretty good show to do an average of 3-4 builds in an hour block.

Yeah, you gotta realize that only aquarium hobbyists would be interested in all of the technical stuff where as the general audience will be interested by scenes of big interesting tanks, cool fish, coupled with the side of drama/antics and would probably be bored by correct procedure and or all the behind the scenes stuff they're not showing. The technical stuff of aquariums. If you get what I'm saying

huma-huma said:
But they truly talked about it in the qt tank episode. And I try not to overthink it but its plain as day to see that almost the whole show is scripted. All in all I feel that animal planet took a genuinely interesting company and show possibility, but had to try and spice it up with pointless extra drama. Cant help but notice that the shows not even truly about the tanks or fish, its about the family

That reminds me of american choppers. It focuses more on the family dynamics and junior/senior than it does the bikes. Maybe they're trying to do the same except with building tanks

All the popular shows are...

American Chopper
Sons of Guns
Lizard Lick Towing
Operation Repo

Those are probably 4 of my favorite shows (aside from the network series that come on soon... NCIS, etc). They all have interesting content, but have a lot of the family drama in them. That's what people like to see, so that's what they like. Just like supply and demand. Lots of people want something, they make lots of it. You can thank big brother for that.

Im currently beating big brother with a stick... I understand all the dynamics behind why its formatted the way it is, but if they'd cut the completely fake and scripted stuff, they could feature another build or two each show. I don't mind the thestrics to an extent, but I do mind being treated like a mindless retarded one-celled organism. People actually think that these shows are real? (Atleast the drama part)

Am I the only one that thinks this, or is the husband almost similar to the husband from king of queens??? Love the show, but it does give off tue wrong impressions on setting up tanks right off the bat to people that have no idea what they are doing. I wish it was that easy

Jlsardina said:
Am I the only one that thinks this, or is the husband almost similar to the husband from king of queens??? Love the show, but it does give off tue wrong impressions on setting up tanks right off the bat to people that have no idea what they are doing. I wish it was that easy

Hahahahahahha I told my sister he reminded me of him!! What's his name Doug?

Back
Top Bottom