Anybody watch tanked tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't get a chance to watch it, I caught bits and pieces but I did set the DVR to record that series. :) So I can watch it another time now lol.

How do they get these tanks all set up in one day?? Do they like pre cycle them?

kelly77143 said:
I saw it. I thought the phone booth tank was cruel to house that many fish.

I saw all those damsels in the same tank and thought, omg, this cannot end well. Those tangs also need horizontal swimming room and the foxfaces too!

And I have no idea whether they cycle the tank or not, but they really should.

Also, I hate fake coral, especially in a saltwater tank. Overall, I think the show is really stupid...

obviously some stocking issues, but I like the tanks... then again look up some of the foreign tanks on youtube, some people get away with some crazy stocking... not saying its right but some people make it work and fish all look healthy

slitherbomb said:
I saw all those damsels in the same tank and thought, omg, this cannot end well. Those tangs also need horizontal swimming room and the foxfaces too!

And I have no idea whether they cycle the tank or not, but they really should.

I agree. It made me claustrophobic.

All in all its the typical mass media show. Loved the tanks and ideas ( especially the tv's in the mob tank) but it clearly has some issues ( stocking, lighting etc). I absolutely loved the fish selection though, they went with some gorgeous fish, esp the mob tank

I was wondering how in the world are PWC going to be done on that tank that had hot water access only! And they used ice from the ice machine to bring down the temp. No RO/DI unit?

I was wondering how in the world are PWC going to be done on that tank that had hot water access only!

also......how can you clean the sand/gravel in those super tall tanks?
The vacuum siphon won't reach that far to the bottom.

ocean said:
I was wondering how in the world are PWC going to be done on that tank that had hot water access only! And they used ice from the ice machine to bring down the temp. No RO/DI unit?

I wondered about that too. I love how they call the sump "the life support area" LOL.

It's not an educational show... that's something everyone needs to realize. It's not going to talk about proper this or proper that. It's going to make neat tanks that people enjoy looking at.

Back
Top Bottom