anyone been to the TN aquarium in chattanooga?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am in nashville for the next ten days, it is about 2 hrs away from the looks of it...

worth the drive?

Yup, it’s a good place to go. I went last summer.

If you can manage to go on a day other than Saturday I would do that. Weekends usually have lots of tour groups and it gets really crowded in there.

well, i have the whole weekend, so i am kinda screwed on when i can go, but i figure i will make a weekend of the aquarium, ruby falls and lookout mountain

Go!! It's my favorite, even more so than the GA Aquarium. I drive more than 2 hours to get to it. I'm really into freshwater, and the TN has the largest freshwater collection (I think?). And they're really beautiful too. They've got a neat Rivers of the World exhibit and you can see all your favorites in there. Much bigger than you'll ever see in a home aquarium. 8O And they have an awesome tank with pacu and arapaima and redtail cats. And the whole layout is really neat. And I could go on, but I'm saying it's worth it.

They have a new addition with more saltwater and a butterfly garden that I think they threw up to compete a little with the GA Aquarium. It's kinda neat, but not the best part. I did like the petting tanks in it though.

So, go! And take pics for us!

Yeah i havent been in a few years but it is definatly worth the drive. Also, this hasnt been mentioned, but the staff is very knowledgeable, show your interest and you could end up in a nice conversation and learn something new ^^.

I have been several times. Well worth the trip. It has been several years since I last went. Also is an excellent chance to see the possiblities of keeping some native species. If it hasn't changed much the darter display was interesting and the brook trout was nice also.

Ha, I went to the butterfly garden last year. Not really "my thing", but they certainly made a big deal out of it.

There is one tank that's like 3 or 4 stories high towards the end. That's the really neat one. You'll still enjoy it on the weekends, you just have to put up with crowds. Make sure to take your camera :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom