anyone dream about their tank/fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a dream that my FW tank had been taken over an octopus. Then, the darn octopus kept escaping into random spots in my room and I would have move my furniture to save his butt. :/

I once had a terrible dream that I bought a bunch of Bettas, but went shopping after and forgot I had them in my purse. When I got home, I was frantically trying to of them in water because all the oxygen was gone from the bags, but I couldn't move fast enough. I always have frantic dreams where. Just can't move fast enough or do anything with my hands, no matte the subject of the dream. I think it's my subconscious alluding to me developing MS. Lol I hope not!
Last night my stupid bichir decided to jump up for air a little too enthusiastically, and sent the glass tank lid and himself flying onto the floor just as I was falling asleep. I managed to scoop him up and weigh down the lid jus in case, but all night my brain replayed the scene while I slept. Not pleasant!

Horsegirlmaddy said:
I once had a terrible dream that I bought a bunch of Bettas, but went shopping after and forgot I had them in my purse. When I got home, I was frantically trying to of them in water because all the oxygen was gone from the bags, but I couldn't move fast enough. I always have frantic dreams where. Just can't move fast enough or do anything with my hands, no matte the subject of the dream. I think it's my subconscious alluding to me developing MS. Lol I hope not!
Last night my stupid bichir decided to jump up for air a little too enthusiastically, and sent the glass tank lid and himself flying onto the floor just as I was falling asleep. I managed to scoop him up and weigh down the lid jus in case, but all night my brain replayed the scene while I slept. Not pleasant!

I had a similar dream. I had a bunch of bettas(my one female and a bunch of others that I had no idea where they came from) and they all were on the floor. S I raced them downstairs and put them in bowls with tank water and someone was cooking and put buttered corn in the bowls(weird, I know) so I freaked and put all ten of them in my five gallon where some of my guppies had jumped in and had hundreds of fry. Doesn't get much worse lol!

I've had dreams that I was swimming and hanging out with my fish. I would have casual conversations with them and they all had very distinctly different personalities. Lol. At least I'm not the only one. I had a dream before I went out of town for Christmas that my 10g planted lights stayed on the whole time I was gone and the algae had grown outside of the tank and covered my walls. When I got home the lights really had been left on the whole time....at least my living room wasn't covered in algae. Lol.

So I'm on vacation in Tennessee and I had a dream about my tanks last night. Before I left, I told my mom not to touch anything. In my dream, I came home to a disaster. My 10 gallon had an entire can of flakes dumped in and the fish were not eating. Now on to the 29 gallon. The water level was at half! The filter intake was off but the filter was still working. All of my live plants were gone and so was my driftwood. Also,a yellow tang had found its way into the tank( my 29 is freshwater). Let's hope this dream doesn't come true.

AHHHHH!!! NomorenomorenomoreNOMORE!!!!

I had a dream a couple nights ago that was pretty terrifying. I work on a pig farm in the country and I have a small office that is separate from the rest of the farm. In my dream I arrived at work in the morning and when I walked into my office my 55 gallon Amazon community tank was in there. I looked into the tank and saw that all of my angel fish and discus fish had their dorsal fins ripped off. So I started to try and super glue the fins back on to them but when I picked the fish up they just turned into a slimy ball of muck. The tank water then decided to turn cloudy and white because all of their organs were just falling out of them and I was just crying with a jar of super glue in my hands. My large koi angelfish then decided to speak to me telepathically like Mewtwo from Pokemon. He looked right into my eyes as he was falling apart and said, how could you do this to all of us? I thought you were supposed to take care of us? @_@ Wtf...

I had a dream a couple nights ago that was pretty terrifying. I work on a pig farm in the country and I have a small office that is separate from the rest of the farm. In my dream I arrived at work in the morning and when I walked into my office my 55 gallon Amazon community tank was in there. I looked into the tank and saw that all of my angel fish and discus fish had their dorsal fins ripped off. So I started to try and super glue the fins back on to them but when I picked the fish up they just turned into a slimy ball of muck. The tank water then decided to turn cloudy and white because all of their organs were just falling out of them and I was just crying with a jar of super glue in my hands. My large koi angelfish then decided to speak to me telepathically like Mewtwo from Pokemon. He looked right into my eyes as he was falling apart and said, how could you do this to all of us? I thought you were supposed to take care of us? @_@ Wtf...

Whoa, that's crazy!

Night before last I dreamed all of my tanks started leaking at once! Mostly because I had just discovered a leak in one tank and I was too tired to safely break it down right then. And then last night I dreamed that I walked into my LFS and it was a lot bigger and had all these awesome fish - like a betta with an 8 inch long rainbow delta tail. And I think there were some miniature mermaids in a tank. And what looked to be deep sea fish in another. Very cool dream.

I have recurring aquarium nightmares that take really bizarre twists and turns but the common thing is a sense of feeling out of control in the various situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have had some nightmares and other times I just see a tank in the background of the room, but aquariums and fish do tend to show up a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Brilliant subject!

When I made my first tank I dreamt that it cracked in an acme style around the middle, all four panels!
I woke up lights on, rush to the tank.

No Crack!

Then I thought, daft bugger!

Back to bed.

Goodnight.

i've dreamed of looking at the tanks watching the fish swim around, then all of a sudden the fish swim thru the glass and are swimming around the room. the cat starts to float and she's trying to catch them.

i know, wierd but true lol :D

Whoa! You drink "special" Tea!

This is cool.

Buy a model kit!
This is quite funny.

Those are the kind of dreams that reveal our deepest fears. This dream you had shows you are truly a very caring person. That one is just heart wrenching.

Sent via the time space continuum... All hail Zoltan.

Back
Top Bottom