anyone dream about their tank/fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm on vacation in Tennessee and I had a dream about my tanks last night. Before I left, I told my mom not to touch anything. In my dream, I came home to a disaster. My 10 gallon had an entire can of flakes dumped in and the fish were not eating. Now on to the 29 gallon. The water level was at half! The filter intake was off but the filter was still working. All of my live plants were gone and so was my driftwood. Also,a yellow tang had found its way into the tank( my 29 is freshwater). Let's hope this dream doesn't come true.

fish make it into my dreams a lot. I dream that I have a gigantic mbuna tank. Now that is one of the few dreams that I wish will come true. I also dream about owning an African Brown Knife. (Once, again, wish it were true!)

I'll be interested to see how that Yellow Tang fares in your tank.......:lol:

I have dreams about getting new marine aquariums and right when I get ready to buy the fish I wake up.

I only have dreams about my tank cracking and all the fish flopping on the floor. Then we usually pick them up and throw them in a little bucket... Lol

I had a dream that My 55 gallon freshwater aquarium had saltwater fishes swimming around. I was about to get pictures but I woke up.

i regularly dream about fish, even if they just show up for a small time, they are in at least half of my dreams!!!
i also have dreams based on them, like working in a fish shop or travelling to find fish or rescuing or like the other night, buying them :)

I had a dream once that I let my husband stock my tank & when I looked in the fish were all crammed up against the glass. :)

Hahah i like how all the freshys are dreaming about having salt;)

I usually see cool corals and stuff in my dreams..never my tank. I also get ideas tho! Like equipment ideas! 0.o

shellyx said:
I had a dream once that I let my husband stock my tank & when I looked in the fish were all crammed up against the glass. :)

Exact same thing with me, except I let my dad stock my 40G. He overstocked it with giant fish like gars and bass, and then I woke up panting haha

Dreams like that are bad, but IMO it is a horrible start to the morning when you wake up and figure out that you don't have that huge mbuna tank.

I dreamed that my prized black Moscow blue point female guppy died. I'm kind of annoyed, as she is only a few months old and has only given me three drops and has now stopped

i've dreamed of looking at the tanks watching the fish swim around, then all of a sudden the fish swim thru the glass and are swimming around the room. the cat starts to float and she's trying to catch them.

i know, wierd but true lol :D

pcdebb said:
i've dreamed of looking at the tanks watching the fish swim around, then all of a sudden the fish swim thru the glass and are swimming around the room. the cat starts to float and she's trying to catch them.

i know, wierd but true lol :D

You sure you didn't just smoke salvia?

Mine are usually nightmares and involve things that can move on land or water, and have very long huge teeth. :eek:

Tetra1990 said:
So I'm on vacation in Tennessee and I had a dream about my tanks last night. Before I left, I told my mom not to touch anything. In my dream, I came home to a disaster. My 10 gallon had an entire can of flakes dumped in and the fish were not eating. Now on to the 29 gallon. The water level was at half! The filter intake was off but the filter was still working. All of my live plants were gone and so was my driftwood. Also,a yellow tang had found its way into the tank( my 29 is freshwater). Let's hope this dream doesn't come true.

So I got home last night from vacation and was too tired to even look at my tanks. Today after work, I took stock in the damages. Did a 30% pwc on both tanks and took out some dead plants. Thank goodness my dream didn't come true. Normal water evaporation. No yellow tang on the 29. All plants were accounted for.

A few weeks ago I dreamed that I was doing a water change and unknowingly, my mbuna had mutated and ate my entire right arm.
I tend to watch a lot of sci fi before bed so this dream is mild compared to most of my dreams.

Back
Top Bottom