Anyone else find it difficult not to spend money in a pet shop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey there,
It seems whenever i go into a pet shop i spend money on a plant or some new substrate maybe even a fishie!
So does anyone else expeireince from ASMIPS (ALWAYS SPEND MONEY IN PET SHOP)?
:BIG:

Not anymore... Its gun stores that get me now. I used to be that way... Craigslist just made it worse. I eventually decided that I needed to prioritize my tanks, so I kept the 3 I liked most and promised myself I would leave them as-is until we buy a bigger house.

I live 300 miles away from the closest LFS so when I do get to go to one I ALWAYS walk away with something (lots of stuff if I can) even if the store is crappy.

I never bought fish through auction, but I have a heck of a time on ebay when it comes to the stuff. Its hard to say no, especially if its good for the fish I already have.

I think most of the people like me on this forum have the same problem and yes
E-Bay is a curse too here in the UK they so fast to deliver and the prices are always good.

Ha ha I just from to the shops and we had 15 min to waste so we stopped at the LFS and these two male guppies jumped into a bag filled with water and the bag fell in my car. WINDOW SHOPPING IN PET STORE MEANS BRING ONE HOME. Best of all my wife choose them I had no say think I have trained her well. lol

When my kids were little, I used to go to the LFS as an outing! Now they don't want to go with me (unless my son wants to see the ferrets!) because they know I'll end up buying something. Either for my dog, cat or now my fish!

yep gun shops are bad for me. i bought a gun bc i had about 2000 rounds settin at home and sold the gun i bought them for. i never thought about selling the ammo lol every time i step foot in my lgs(local gun shop) i end up spending 20-30-50-100-250 bucks on somthing i try to limit my visits to only once a month lol
not saying i dont still spend alot at the lfs but all in all evreything is still less exspnsive than keeping a street rod/drag car running and keeping tires under it, that cost me about 500 a month!

lol ill go to my lfs to buy some prime...come back with $50 worth of food, a new fish you name it lol...the only time i wont spend money at a lfs is if they dont have what i went there to buy. i like to buy everything in one spot.

Personally I believe that the people who can walk into a pet store and not spend money are the ones with the sickness - there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. ASMIPS is perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom