Anyone else's cat likes to drink out of your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normal cat behavior

My cat loves aquariums. Putting an aquarium on a dresser, credenza, or other similar piece of funiture that allows them to sit or stand right by the aquarium is a cat's dream.

My cat loves to sit by the aquarium and "bat" at the fish on the glass, get up on her hind legs and examine the fish and ... sit on top of the aquarium cover (I am just waiting for it to collapse with her on it.) She too would no doubt drink the fish water if it was acessable.

Grrrrrrrr cat hair floating in the aquarium...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you sure it's not lowering the water so it can jump in and get your fish lol

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

I rescued a litter of 4 at one point with my ex wife. The only male (subsequently named Havoc) liked to chew on the airlines at the pump and gang valves. A female (Miracle) from the same litter that is "gifted, special, slow" never understood the tops come off for WC's and would land in the tank during such. She got attacked by my 10" Red Devil quite a few times. The smartest of the bunch (Grey) would get the dumbest (Miracle) to sit on the RD tank for a distraction and then try to get the RD from behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

My cat loves aquariums. Putting an aquarium on a dresser, credenza, or other similar piece of funiture that allows them to sit or stand right by the aquarium is a cat's dream.

My cat loves to sit by the aquarium and "bat" at the fish on the glass, get up on her hind legs and examine the fish and ... sit on top of the aquarium cover (I am just waiting for it to collapse with her on it.) She too would no doubt drink the fish water if it was acessable.

Yeah, my cat cracked the lid on my 30g. Luckily the light didn't fall in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Grrrrrrrr cat hair floating in the aquarium...

Yea, I hate that. But even if she didn't drink out of it I would still get it in there when I'm messing with my plants. As it's always stuck to my arms.

I don't mind as long as they don't shatter my lids and electrocute my fish.

My kitten used to jump on top all the time.. Knocking filter lids off and such.. i added a finnex led which is apparently a bit hot for her liking and she stays away now.. on the other one I have a fan cooling the lights and that seems to scare her off too..it also blows cat hair away woo-hoo

No cats allowed near the tanks. They can view from a respectful distance. Same for my bird cages. No Cats allowed too close.

I have squirt guns and will escalate.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the cat part when I first read it. That's why I'm her xD

When I do a wc on my saltwater and I'm starting the siphon, it sucks when I get a full mouthful of dirty saltwater. Lol

Yeah I hate that, I usually just start it by lifting the cylinder. But when it just won't start and I have to start it on my own I often get a disgusting taste of my water.

I don't use the cylinder because it doesn't work so well for sand.

It makes a difference not using it? Two of my tanks have sand.

Back
Top Bottom