anyone ever have a ten gal. tank bust?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just set up a ten gallon salt with a whisper hang on for a 55 gallon. im not sure of the model but its pretty big, takes up most of the back of the tank and i noticed that the tanks front and back glass are bowed. i took the weight off the back by standing the filter on a stack of wood but it is still bowed a little from the presure of the water.
i was just wondering what the likelyhood of the thing busting is? has this ever happened to anyone?

sorry for posting here but i wanted to ask everyone, salt and fresh. thanks.

you'd be suprised how much flex glass has, and how much pressure it can take.
if your worried, glue a strip across the top of the front panel from end to end.
the front panel on my 100gallon bows about 1/3 " in the middle

to answer the question in the thread title, no, but i've seen a 29 gallon bust and spill all over my mates carpet floor because the stand was twisted about an inch out of whack. fool

Matt.

i think its ment to hold water. its one of those ten $ deals from walmart. same as petsmart in the fish section. the tank is bowed 1/4 -1/3 of an inch also. pretty far for a ten i think but i geuss well see.

If in doubt, throw it out.

I had a 30 long start to bow. See ya. Not taking a chance with 30 gallons on my floor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom