Anyone Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
*Gasp* :lol: Anyone like to fish here? If so, what do you usually fish for? Do you fish fresh or salt water? Catch and release or do you keep them? I personally fish fresh water, I have a little 14 foot bass boat which I fish for Mostly anything as long as it is big. I go out on lake ontario a lot with some friends for salmon and trout too. I catch and release a lot, but sometimes we keep some and eat it. Never wasteful about it. Thanks for replying

im 14 il fish either pefer sw heres a pic of what a caught a few months back

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110722_121925.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_121925.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 193
On occasion I do, I used to go a lot when I was younger. But now I'm training a lot for sports so i don't have as much time.

Every year I go to smith mountain lake in Virginia with my family and I fish a ton. We sometimes keep, but mostly catch and release. I fish for striped bass and catfish (channels or commons)

i fish fw,mostly catch pike,bass,and sunfish.
edit: i keep the ones that are big enough and give them to my pepe

I love to fish... and love fish. That's kinda weird.

Anywho.. I fish only FW. Only because I've never had the opportunity to go SW. Someday though. I mainly only go for Trout seeing how that is pretty much all that is here or at least big here. Except for your bluegill/sunfish.

When I lived back in KY, I lived right on the OH River and would fish that. Which has everything in it you can possibly think of. Except trout.

And if the Trout is pan sized or bigger we typically keep them and they get eaten. If I ever caught anything out of the OH River I'd not even think about eating it.

Fishing every chance I get. Fw and sw. I love fish as pets...but strangely loooovveeeee eating them. It's my favorite food. That's my doggie in the last one.

Edit:dang I posted like 5 pictures of fish but only the cooked one showed up

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110722_113751.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_113751.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 169
Fishing every chance I get. Fw and sw. I love fish as pets...but strangely loooovveeeee eating them. It's my favorite food. That's my doggie in the last one.

Edit:dang I posted like 5 pictures of fish but only the cooked one showed up
cute dog :)

LOL @ wolfpack. A few years ago I was in Myrtle beach and some kid caught one of those way out on a peer and was trying to get someone to take it off for him. He got a big one on that show river monsters

Hopefully it works this time

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110722_114226.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_114226.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 147
  • ForumRunner_20110722_114329.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_114329.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 140
  • ForumRunner_20110722_114513.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_114513.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 144
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 166
Love2Fish said:
LOL @ wolfpack. A few years ago I was in Myrtle beach and some kid caught one of those way out on a peer and was trying to get someone to take it off for him. He got a big one on that show river monsters

lol my face is funny cause the bugger kept trying to hit me they have barbed tails i was tryin not the get stuck lol and to makke it worse we were on the break water so i was bouncing from rock to rock

heres a pic of me and a six pound,30 inch northern pike
45605_128812027164847_100001081522038_170541_380795_n.jpg

Nice pics everyone. I don't really take a lot of them anymore. I'm going on a muskie trip in september, I prob will take a couple then. I only went salt water fishing once. I went on one of those charter boats and had like a shark or something on and the guy on the boat just cut it off and goes Ohh we don't bring the ones like that on the boat, we aren't prepared to handle something that size. LAME! I got wicked seasick the last couple times I went out on ontario though. I think it was the guys boat, because I have been on smaller in worse conditions. I even was taking stuff. It sucks because the last one was a big tournament and I spent more time hanging over the side than fishing

I love to fish.

Saltwater for Striped Bass is my favorite(and tastiest). It's the only thing I miss about Long Island.

Herotilapia_Multispinosa said:
yep im addicted bass tournys every weekend lol

I had a short while where I was dreaming of becoming a pro bass fisherman ....it was short lived. Ill stick to recreational

I love to fish & this is my current state record carp. I used to fish for lmb/crappie and that was about It, I was turn onto Carp/buffalo by a friend & I don't really like fishing for anything else now. lol

img_1462840_0_bf55c1e3d4b2c8ff6a4e62b1e8d30f3d.jpg

Dannng. Yeah you think of carp as kind of slow moving. And not very good fighters but they are! And their mouths are tough. They bent my hooks

I love to fish & this is my current state record carp. I used to fish for lmb/crappie and that was about It, I was turn onto Carp/buffalo by a friend & I don't really like fishing for anything else now. lol

img_1462932_0_bf55c1e3d4b2c8ff6a4e62b1e8d30f3d.jpg
that thing is huge!!

I fish at least once or twice a week, both sw and fresh. When FW fishing I"m often at a place where I'm collecting native tank species as well.

The only major difference between a fish that goes in the tank and one that goes in the frying pan is the size.

Back
Top Bottom