Anyone here have Rainbow Shiner fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey AA folks! Wondering if anyone here has had or presently has Rainbow Shiners out of Alabama United States in their aquarium? Also called the Rainbow Dace. I recently came across a youtube video of these fish and they are beautiful! Would like to know others experience with these fish.
:)

Hi everyone! Anybody? Anybody at all? I must have put this one in the wrong section...I almost put it in the freshwater section but thought maybe someone may have had these fish before they went to salt and would pass by looking into the freshwater threads...so, I posted here for the most coverage.
:huh:

Okay, I thought I'd post a bit of info about this beautiful fish I'm interested in.
Cyprinella lutrensis grows about 3.6" and comes in a variety of colors, mostly having blue as a base color and orange to red finnage. It is native to Alabama, USA. It is a cool water fish. When the male is ready to spawn, it gets raised white bumbs on his head. The females like many other fish are duller in color than the male.
I am very interested in tracking this fish down. I would really like to know more about it far as tempermant goes and can not find info on it in the usual fish sites. If it is a peaceful species, from everything else I was able to find about it, this species would do great in with my Roseline Sharks. Here's a couple pics I pulled off google images (hopefully I am not breaking any copyright laws :confused:) It looks similar the the Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish colors, but has a more elongated body.
images
images
images
images

Back
Top Bottom