anyone kayak fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
severum mama said:
I was under the impression that the crossbars sit up a few inches off the roof of the vehicle, on top of the 4 pieces that hold them onto your car. I haven't seen a universal one but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It does sit off of the the roof of the car but the way it attaches is straps go througg the window and attach to the inside roof of the car. Maybe I can get a picture...

Ok, I haven't seen that one. I thought you were talking about one from Thule. Do you think that is secure enough to carry a kayak?

It says it'll support like 150 pound and a kayaks only 50.
I don't really know though. I'm not sure how secure it would be with just the straps. Ill check out the more expensive ones too but I really don't want to go over $100 for a rack seeing as the kayaks going to be expensive for me as well

I just looked on yakima.com
OMG $500 for two metal bars

It'll.be cheaper if I buy the Q towers and the crossbars

Watch Craigslist list, you can get a yakima rack with towers for under 200 and as long as they are the Q towers and u make sure yakima has the clips for ur car they are all interchangeable.
I just sold a yakima set up from my wrx for 150.

On a serious note, one other option would be an inflatable kayak. Sea eagle seems to be one of the best quality ones out there, give it a look. I have toyed around with the idea because my SUV would need a rack as well, but I've never tried one on the water.

Haha the trunk isn't that big......maybe I could if the seats fold down. And just have it stick out the back a little. But I don't think they do

Thule makes nice racks and carriers. I have one set and thinking about another set

Back
Top Bottom