Anyone use ther RO/DI to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The waste water ;)

The waste water is much better for your plants than the RO/DI....................................................................................

I guess that would get rid of the white crusty buildup... I'm curious why you would try it.

I use my fw waste water for my plants. Are you saying I can use my sw waste for the same? I thought it would kill the plants. :?

I meant the RO/DI waste water, RO wastes 2-3 gallon for each gallon of "good" water. The water that is wasted down the drain is excellent for plants and washing clothes too ;)

Oh, :oops: I use my fw that I take out of my tank in my wife's flower bed. Is that ok? I mean is there any benefit?

Nope, nothing wrong with it, unless your using very hard water in your fish tanks, but I'm not enough of a plant person to know if that would matter.

I usually fill my washing machine with waste water. Makes doing laundry a little longer of a job but it saves some water on the ol water bill.

FW tank waste water is most excellent for plants!! It is generally high in nitrate, which is fertilizer, and tank water is better than Miracle-Gro, IMO. You can tell the difference in your houseplants.

Makes doing laundry a little longer of a job but it saves some water on the ol water bill.

this i do already. dosen't hurt anything. although I restrict my waste water washing to colors only, as I use only hot on the whites.

FW tank waste water is most excellent for plants!! It is generally high in nitrate, which is fertilizer, and tank water is better than Miracle-Gro, IMO. You can tell the difference in your houseplants.

sounds good (y) I usualy do a 50% change on my FW tank once a month. That will give me ten or so gallons.

what is funny to me is, I sit and pull my hair out over my SW tank, and think, GOSH is it time again to clean the tank? But with my FW tank I can literaly Ignore the tank, besides feeding, and never have to worry about anything but feeding the fish (which is 5 years old in this very tank) and change water. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom