Anyone use Vonage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zacdl

What are the ups and downs? Have they gotten the 911 thing implented yet?

Does it have to go through the computer or what? I mean what if the computer is turned off, or the power goes out, or something like that, can I still use it?

It uses the internet for phone calls. If you have DSL then you need your phone line any way so why pay for another phone service. If you have cable modem then you could use it instead of your regular phone service but if your cable internet goes out or your power goes out and your PC goes down or your cable modem or router goes down then your up the crick as they say with no paddle. The local 911 is an issue with most any VOIP service as when you dial 911 you need to hit your local 911 center but with most VOIP if you dial 911 you end up with the local 911 center for what ever location the VOIP hub is. After all at some point the VOIP calls must get converted back to standard phone signals so 99.5% of the worlds users can receve the call.

Now I have the stupid Vonage song from their commercial stuck in my head.....ohh ohh, oooh, oooh, oooh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom