Apraisals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
How can I find out (online preferably) what my used camera equipment is worth? I already checked with B&H and laughed at them.

You will get more money selling it privately than you will selling it to a retailer, because they have to in-turn sell it to a consumer. Look at Keh.com as well as ebay, you can laugh all you want...but film equipment isn't worth very much these days.

Equipment Submitted for evaluation.

Equipment Type: Photo
minolta maxxum 4
Item Condition: 10
-------

Promaster spectrum 7 19-35mm
-------

Sigma 28-80mm HF Macro aspherical
-------

Sigma 70-300mm DL macro super
-------

Equipment Type: Filters And Accessories
Promaster 77mm UV haze
-------

canon 58mm Uv Haze
Item Conditio! n: 10
-------

Promaster 77mm cir polerizing filter fil0413
-------

minolta RC-1000 remote shutter trigger
-------

Equipment Type: Other
fujifilm 31 rolles mostly 24 exposer mixed 200/400/800 slide and print film
-------

Equipment Type: Other
kodak 1 roll B&W 24 exp iso400
Item Condition: N
-------

Photoco 55mm uv haze
-------

plus a quantaray 2X telaconverter.

they offered me 120 dollers for it all. I hate this. it's like computers, nearly two mear years ago I paid almost, collectivley nearly 900 dollers combined for it all. i wasn't wanting what i paid ofcourse, but was hoping to trade this and 200 dollers cash for a d70 body and a standard 19-35 or 28-35 lens. geuss i bought the wrong stuff again.

Sell it privately...you could probably see $225-$275 that way, but the shop is just going to give you about 50% of what they would expect to sell it for.

You might consider keeping the accessories, sell the film body and go with a KM dSLR or the Sony Alpa dSLR when it comes out, the lenses should work for either. If you really want a nikon, look at the used D70 at keh.com, they had them pretty cheap a couple of months ago, thats the D70...not the D70S.

The d70S has a larger LCD, there are a few software improvements as well, but all of them are available for the D70 through a firmware update.

Oh ok. I'm not really concerned with LCD size. I'll just keep what I got and keep putting money away till I find a good deal then. I was just reading someones Review on the d70, and how it has a faster flash sync rate over the 20d, and also that it was lighter and comparable in image quality to some higher end pro model cameras.

Artical here

I admit I only breezed thru it.

Thanks everyone.

Take anything written by Ken Rockwell with a grain of salt. He is notorious for only liking what he uses, everything else is garbage.

For example, the D70 produces images as nice as the 20D, only smaller and more noisy, not that the images are bad, just not as clean as the 20D (or the rebel xt). The flash synch is higher, but I've not experienced an issue with 1/250th vs 1/500th and my flash has highspeed sych (although at a greatly reduced output).

Well the only lenses I have are the one's for my minolta film camera. I always though you were a D70 man. Maybe I will start researching the lenses. I.e differance between the canon, and the nikor lenses. have you heard of tameron or tamerak lenses, however it's spelled, worth investing in?

I own the tamron 28-75 f/2.8 and the tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro and I'm considering buying the tamron 17-50 f/2.8, three great lenses. Tamron, Tokina, Sigma all are like canon and nikon, some great lenses, some garbage lenses. You have to research each individually.

To be honest, you can get stunning images with any of todays dslrs, buy based on price and what feels best in your hand.

cool I'll report back when it's all said and done.

UPDATE!! Just ordered the cannon eos rebel xt w/18-55 mm lens. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom