AquaAdvice FFB week 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
mmm, yeah, I like these results WAY better. 136 points, like it should be. Not too bad considering I lost Ryan Grant after week 1. :uzi::tie::tie::tie:

I'm reporting this thread. Week 2 should be stricken from the books. :peace:

its not fair that the vikings D sucked that much!!!! i knew i should of played the colts d instead >____>

You have 2 D's sitting on your roster? How many slots do you guys have in your league?

I have absolutely no problems with the last weeks results, and don't really see any problems in the future either ;)

its already filled =P we started this about a month ago lol

LOL. I know, so did mine. Obviously all leagues have started. I don't want in. I wanted to know how many player slots each team has.

I can't fathom using 2 of my spots for D's. One will sit and one will get an AVG of 6 points or so. Wasted space to me.

only one slot for D, i had the colts d on week 2 sitting on my bench, i didnt think eli would of been ripted that much, and the vikings D against a team that was not better than the giants starting on my team =[

What killed me was on my Offensive player I played Brent Farve and got 1 point where I could have played Michal Vick who I had on the Bench who got 23 points. I would have easily won instead of losing.

I dunno what happened to my team last week, I thought I was poised for much more points than I put up. Gore's big game is the only thing that allowed me to squeak out the win, but only putting up 81 points for the week is pretty weak.

Also, this is my first time using espn. I much prefer yahoo.

same here neil, first time using espn, i could of played colts D, mario manningham and sam bradford, but i choose giants D, roy williams and carson palmer instead =[

sliderfish should be banned. All in favor?

yenner- the relative value of the slots depends on the scoring system and the total number. I don't remember off hand how many we have, but it's pretty standard.

only one slot for D, i had the colts d on week 2 sitting on my bench, i didnt think eli would of been ripted that much, and the vikings D against a team that was not better than the giants starting on my team =[

*facepalm*

I meant TOTAL slots. lol Not starting positions.

For example, we have 16 slots. I have:

3 QB's
4 RB's
4 WR's
2 TE's
2 K
1 D

In our league ties are decided by bench points. Most points on the bench is the victor. If I have a D taking a spot on my bench that nets me 4 points when I could have a reciever that banks 10+ I'd be an idiot.

Hopefully that makes sense. That's just MY philosophy though. D's are interchangable. I trade on a bye week.

I've never heard of "bench points" you get points for not playing the right guys? Just use fractional points and you won't have ties. I like just having bench open, if you want two D's so be it. And if you think there is no difference in having a good D or picking up the scraps for a week then you must have a league with 4 people in it.

I've never heard of "bench points" you get points for not playing the right guys? Just use fractional points and you won't have ties. I like just having bench open, if you want two D's so be it. And if you think there is no difference in having a good D or picking up the scraps for a week then you must have a league with 4 people in it.

Bench points in an ESPN league still SHOW the points those you didn't play get. We have the total of you bench players as a tie breaker. In 4 years running the league it's only come into play once. It really makes you think more about your WHOLE team than just your starters.

Fractional points suck IMO. lol

12 team league. Any given defense CAN have a stellar week (except CLE, OAK, and DET hahaha), but the difference is minimal usually. The spread from the 1st ranked D to the 10th ranked D is slim. The spread from the 18th ranked RB to the 1st ranked D can be huge. A starting RB, on ANY week, has more potential to gain fantasy points than any D. Sure there are exceptions but very few.

Example: Let's say I start my 3 best RB's. 2 in the RB positions and 1 in the slot position. That leaves 1 of my 4 RBs on the bench. For this example we'll say my 4th RB is ranked 32nd overall but is splitting carries on his team. He does so and scores 13 points total. So that's 10 points toward my bench score.

If I had a 2nd D on my bench we'll say they're ranked 7th overall. They play the Saints and score me 7 points. Not bad, not great for a D. If the D is taking the spot of the RB it could cost me the game.

I'd rather have the 32nd ranked RB sitting in that spot then the 7th ranked D.

I hope that makes sense. If your league is set up different than a different strategy may make sense but to me, and again this is just my opinion, having 2 D's is about worthless. :cool:

I understand the scenario, just don't agree. And I guess it is easy to score 13 points for a rb in your leagues, thats the equivalent of 130 yards or more in any league i've ever played in. To get this out of every 5 or more players on the bench may require a heck of a week. Your 4th best RB isn't in question, but your other bench players can't be that good. I'll take that steady 7-10 guarenteed every week. ****, kickers score can score 150+ points a year, why not load up? Doubt you can get that out of a thirteenth round flier. And what about byes? Not saying I would do this, but just exposing holes in the logic of bench stats lol. I digress as I realize I have better things to finish up than argue fantasy football scoring in an aquarium forum lol

I like fractional points because every yard counts.

I understand the scenario, just don't agree. And I guess it is easy to score 13 points for a rb in your leagues, thats the equivalent of 130 yards or more in any league i've ever played in. To get this out of every 5 or more players on the bench may require a heck of a week. Your 4th best RB isn't in question, but your other bench players can't be that good. I'll take that steady 7-10 guarenteed every week. ****, kickers score can score 150+ points a year, why not load up? Doubt you can get that out of a thirteenth round flier. And what about byes? Not saying I would do this, but just exposing holes in the logic of bench stats lol. I digress as I realize I have better things to finish up than argue fantasy football scoring in an aquarium forum lol

I like fractional points because every yard counts.

Who is arguing? I was just explaining the system. :D

Even in your system, providing there are 12 teams, you will not have a backup D scoring a steady 8-10 a game. No way.

Socring in our leauge is set to the norm.

You can't load up on kickers b/c there is a cap to how many players you can have in each position.

You can count yards without fractional points. ;)

Potato - tomato. It's all good. As long as football is in season we should all be happy. :cool:

It does not matter as I`m making a run starting with this week. Drew Brees dont fail me now.

Back
Top Bottom