Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah most of my fish did okay in the TAP WATER when i was little, exept the fish that weren't genetically altered (platys, tetras, pleco) the ones that have the green and pink dye in their back did fine. But wow all these stories are so funny. People crack me up. Props to redneckgearhead for the knick knacks around mom's house. My mom is the same way!

Old 02-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I don't think I would need to use dechlor where I live, because we don't have chlorine in our water, but I am NOT taking the chance. I was wondering why my aunts fish were still alive when I first saw them LOL.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have a friend that bought a Red-Bellied Pacu not too long ago and he has a 46 gallon tank. I have told him to immediately take it back to the store before he gets attached to it because that fish should be in a tank 5 times larger than what it is currently in. He doesn't want to listen though so eventually the poor fish is going to die or break the aquarium glass, at which point he will probably die anyway. I will then say I told you so.

I hope I can convince him to take it back to the store because it is already getting too big for the tank.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

LOL!! You guys are too funny!!! I feel like "one of those" right now....Although I TRY to do the right thing, what i found the hardest is to WAAAIIIT!!! I have to say, that my level of patience has been challenged to the limits of giving up, but, I will not end up selling my tank in a future garage sale, NO SIR!!! So, after killing all my fish (5 in a 10 gal uncycled tank-my very 1st one EVER) I am starting again...Awwhhh but it is soo worth it!!! Thank God for this Forum!!! Thank you all for helping this former aquaidiot!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

wow just had a fb friend complain about losing all of her fish to ick. She said she didnt know what happen, she started her tank two weeks ago added an undisclosed amount of fish. she added one more and went away for two days. she is blaming it on the new fish. I asked about a cycle, of course she didnt know what i was talking about. I asked about ammonia she didnt know that you could test the water. she stated she had tanks for years and never tested or cycled. I directed her to this site and explained the cycle so maybe some fish will be spared.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

It seems i am slowly emerging from my aquaridiot phase
this site, and a few of the amazing people on it have without a doubt saved a few lives for us. (A1, dk, jim and others) And encouraged a few births.

Now when i walk into a fish store, i internally cringe.. Mr "oh let me have a tank and some food and the biggest bag of fish you got please" and the kiddies bashing away at the glass. Yeesh!! i want to cry for the poor things
Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahh View Post
It seems i am slowly emerging from my aquaridiot phase
this site, and a few of the amazing people on it have without a doubt saved a few lives for us. (A1, dk, jim and others) And encouraged a few births.

Now when i walk into a fish store, i internally cringe.. Mr "oh let me have a tank and some food and the biggest bag of fish you got please" and the kiddies bashing away at the glass. Yeesh!! i want to cry for the poor things
I know what you mean, whenever I'm restocking supplies I always see a guy and his kids with a 10 gal tank kit in one arm and a bag of like 10 fish in the other. I mentally play taps in my head for the soon to be dead fish.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
is back to save the day!

My parents think i'm insane that i spend most of my money on my fish tanks. I beg to differ.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Same here Zero.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
everybody that sees my 150g asks me why i dont have any "nemos" in it... i politely explain the difference between saltwater and freshwater
lol when I worked at petland this was a constant thing for a while after that movie came out. We actually had several "nemos" and even a couple "dorys" in this huge sw tank (I think it was about 150 g) and people would come in specifically asking for nemos and dorys. I still don't know what the proper name for a "dory" is, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what my boss put down on the order form.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com