Aquaridiots :P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom asked me to get her a betta for the kitchen, and she asked me how expensive they were. I said about 8 or nine bucks and her eyes just about popped out of her head. "That much?! for a FISH?!"

IF SHE ONLY KNEW :)

ok got another one for this thread. Me and a friend was talking fish the other day. she has a freshwater tank. she was telling me she changes ALL of the water and rinses out the rocks about once a month. I told her she is torturing her fish they live in a constant cycle. Tried to explain about the cycle and test kits. So funny that no one seems to know they should test the water. And some how her fish survive in tap water!

My mom asked me to get her a betta for the kitchen, and she asked me how expensive they were. I said about 8 or nine bucks and her eyes just about popped out of her head. "That much?! for a FISH?!"

IF SHE ONLY KNEW :)

Bettas around here are only 2-4 dollars. Maybe 5 at the most (for a crowntail possibly)

Nah, I paid $14.99 for my copper CT. The VT's are cheaper because there is such an abundance of them.
If she wants a betta...LOL! She would have to get a heater, filter, at least a 2.5 gallon tank, water conditioner, food, etc. I have spent hundreds on my 4 bettas.

I'm in NJ where everything is expensive, and went to one of the most populated malls in the state and found my CT betta in a cup at the petsmart for only $3.00. PetCo is ranging 7-9 bucks for the already half dead bettas. My dad and I want to open up a Fish Only store (I learned that fish only stores actually do really well) and have a wall of very small tanks for the bettas. I hate seeing ones fading out and half dead in the little Wonton Soup cups...

My parents think i'm insane that i spend most of my money on my fish tanks. I beg to differ.

lol my best friend thinks i am a complete moron because i clip coupons.. she asked me why and i said oh, i am saving for a bigger QT, because sometimes you just need a bigger QT.

She said "oh, my god.. you've turned in THAT guy" :rolleyes:

yep..

LMAO

Yeah, as far as the price of bettas go, that's 8 or 9 bucks Canadian :) Even when the canadian dollar is about par with the US dollar, most things up here are still way more expensive. Especially because we're so far north and everything has to be shipped farther.

I have 4 guppies in a ten gal and have spend hundreds of dollars on them so far. It starts out fairly inocent... the tank is about 50 dollars, the heater is 30, the filter system about 30, then you buy a new pretty plant or rock every time you go into the store, then you someone gives you somethng for free and you spend a hundred bucks on medications trying to clear up the diseases you got from it!!!!!!!!!!! I paid 60 bucks just for the melafix and pimafix the other day. My mom would tear a strip off me if she found out! LOL

I don't need to mention how much she spends of hoof ointment, citrus insect repellent and sheepskin-covered special girths for her overwieght horse, though! :p

LOL! Alot of Canadians come through here to go into Spokane for groceries and stuff. They even buy their gas here.
I only paid $3 for my bottles of Pima and Mela. Where did you buy them???

I would have to say, this post made me LoL irl many times.. love aquaidiots! Im one myself, but trying to learn.

We only have one pet store in town - a tiny Petland. Because of that and the fact that it is the only pet store within 400 miles (not exaggerating) and shipping is rather expensive, they jack the prices way up. I brought home a new pair of guppies from kamloops this weekend, they were 3.99 each and two-for-one. In Terrace they are 7.99 each.

The melafix and pimafix bottles were the 8 oz ones and both came to sixty dollars with sales tax (which is something like 12 or 13 percent at the moment - it gets changed every year I can't keep track!) I meant to price them when I was in Kamloops but forgot. At least it seems to be helping, my fish are looking pretty healthy now. They better for that price :)

Back
Top Bottom