Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahahaaaaaaa!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

LMAO

Yeah, as far as the price of bettas go, that's 8 or 9 bucks Canadian Even when the canadian dollar is about par with the US dollar, most things up here are still way more expensive. Especially because we're so far north and everything has to be shipped farther.

I have 4 guppies in a ten gal and have spend hundreds of dollars on them so far. It starts out fairly inocent... the tank is about 50 dollars, the heater is 30, the filter system about 30, then you buy a new pretty plant or rock every time you go into the store, then you someone gives you somethng for free and you spend a hundred bucks on medications trying to clear up the diseases you got from it!!!!!!!!!!! I paid 60 bucks just for the melafix and pimafix the other day. My mom would tear a strip off me if she found out! LOL

I don't need to mention how much she spends of hoof ointment, citrus insect repellent and sheepskin-covered special girths for her overwieght horse, though! :p

Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #33
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessibell View Post
I paid 60 bucks just for the melafix and pimafix the other day.
wow, i hope that was a couple gallons! about a month ago, i had to buy some. paid $8 for the big bottle for each of them...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL! Alot of Canadians come through here to go into Spokane for groceries and stuff. They even buy their gas here.
I only paid $3 for my bottles of Pima and Mela. Where did you buy them???
Old 03-15-2010, 02:33 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would have to say, this post made me LoL irl many times.. love aquaidiots! Im one myself, but trying to learn.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

We only have one pet store in town - a tiny Petland. Because of that and the fact that it is the only pet store within 400 miles (not exaggerating) and shipping is rather expensive, they jack the prices way up. I brought home a new pair of guppies from kamloops this weekend, they were 3.99 each and two-for-one. In Terrace they are 7.99 each.

The melafix and pimafix bottles were the 8 oz ones and both came to sixty dollars with sales tax (which is something like 12 or 13 percent at the moment - it gets changed every year I can't keep track!) I meant to price them when I was in Kamloops but forgot. At least it seems to be helping, my fish are looking pretty healthy now. They better for that price
Old 03-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hope they keep improving!!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com