Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Aquarists - Please unite!

I saw this on another aquarium forum site, and I could not believe my eyes. I am hoping that all aquarium forums and aquarists alike will unite and send an e-mail or do whatever else we can to try and stop this woman from selling these:

http://www.bubblegear.8k.com/catalog.html

IMO, it is a heinous act of animal abuse, and I can't understand why anyone would make or buy these!

Please share this with other aquarists!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
I am not sure why you would want a dead beta bag.. Seem crazy to me...

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 06-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to bungle
must be aiming for the same person who'll keep them in the little cup lfs insist on selling them in? thats terrible
Old 06-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
OK, Lori...I agree with you 100%. What do you suggest? Do you think sending email to this person might have an effect? Aquarists aren't going to be the people who will want to buy this sort of thing. Whatever you want to do about it...count me in...I'll help in any way I can.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I have no idea what to do...

My first thought, is writing a letter to the ASPCA or other animals rights organizations to see if they can help. As far as I know, there are currently no animals rights laws for fish...maybe we can help set a precedent here...

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to rallycat
8O I'm sure the creator of those things didn't put too much thought into what it'd be like to be put in a little plastic container and taken on a rollercoaster ride all day. Every day.
2 blue gouramis
2 white gouramis
1 opaline gourami
1 pleco (the Beast)
3 male bettas in planted bowls
zillions of guppy fry
1 albino red oscar
1 tiger oscar
Old 06-09-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

8O

Just when you thought you had seen it all..... I am sure this person thinks they have just the most clever idea in the world, and they have not a clue. Why not use a fake fish?

Does anyone recall back in the 70's the acrylic platform shoes (I was just a child then, so forgive me if I have it wrong... ) that had things inside them, and I really wanna say there were some with fish in them. They were probably fake, but this reminds me of it.

I am all for taking measures to stop this handbag from being widely distributed, and am very hopeful that there will be few who would be interested in purchasing it, especially at that price. PETA might like to hear about it.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to bungle
i remember the guy in the movie, "i'm gonna get you, sucka" who had platforms with goldfish in them. i always thought it was just a joke.

i sent them an email, but they'll probably just delete it.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:20 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
hmm. another threat letter? imo its all pretty cool except the bag 8P
Old 06-09-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
PETA just got an email from me and I suggest that everyone who reads this take a moment and send them one as well. I have no idea if they care one way or the other about fish, but the more they hear about this, the more likely they will be to do something about it.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com