Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's why I'm gonna install a gfci tomorrow or on thanksgiving. Ill give my fish somethin else to be thankful for lol

Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You can use a plug in gfci as well.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm good on that lol. I've got a new gfci lying around plus I know what I'm doing. I did have a surge protector burn up one day though now that we're on the subject. I had my window a/c on one outlet, my 55" flat screen, ps3, and 1000w sony sorround sound on the surge protector on another outlet, and my aquarium equipment (filter, dual outlet air pump, 200w heater, circulation pump, and light) on a surge protector on another outlet. All on the same circuit. My wife woke me up and said everything was off. Checked it out, breaker was tripped. Reset the breaker and heard a pop come from the living room. I get out there and hear something sizzleing. Afraid of the worst I went and switched the breaker off and I could smell it by now. The surge protector on the entertainment was fried. Luckily we were home, and nothing got fried. That would of been a very expensive bill
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
I'm good on that lol. I've got a new gfci lying around plus I know what I'm doing. I did have a surge protector burn up one day though now that we're on the subject. I had my window a/c on one outlet, my 55" flat screen, ps3, and 1000w sony sorround sound on the surge protector on another outlet, and my aquarium equipment (filter, dual outlet air pump, 200w heater, circulation pump, and light) on a surge protector on another outlet. All on the same circuit. My wife woke me up and said everything was off. Checked it out, breaker was tripped. Reset the breaker and heard a pop come from the living room. I get out there and hear something sizzleing. Afraid of the worst I went and switched the breaker off and I could smell it by now. The surge protector on the entertainment was fried. Luckily we were home, and nothing got fried. That would of been a very expensive bill
Very expensive is right it could have started a fire

Tags
fire

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com