Aquarium fish addition suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristyDurr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I would like suggestions on fish to add to my aquarium. I have a 35 gallon tank, live plants and gravel substrate. I currently have 4 black skirted tetra, 1 painted play and an African dwarf frog. How many other fish could I add and what types would you suggest?

I just got some white clouds which look really nice under my lights. Stay the the top of the tank so far. I also picked up some khuli loaches who are cool little guys. I see them at night when my light is on night mode. Also have rummynose tetras who are quick and school nicely. I would recommend them all. Any other details on what type of fish you want?

I suggest adding more BST. They can get nippy when there are at least 6-8. They establish a pecking order and school well.

Do not add long finned fish in with them. They will be harassed. At least that has been my experience.

As for how many additional fish, that depends a lot on your power filter. More filtration equals more fish "with in reason".
It's a good idea to install 2x the rated filtration. I don't know what type of filter you have, but a larger model bio wheel type or maybe an Aqua clear 70 would probably enable you to have a
Fairly busy population of small schooling fish.
Things also depends on your regular weekly maintenance & WC's.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom