Aquarium Fish International is Done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HN1 said:
Check out AMAZONAS MAGAZINE | one of the world. Only 6 issues per year, but it absolutely blows away any other hobby magazine IMO. I hate to see any of them go out of business, but such is competition in a shrinking marketplace. You can also check out the e-zine Redfish Aquarium Magazine.

I have not heard of the first. I am, however, subscribed to Redfish and have been since the first publication.

Rhino said:
I just got a post card in the mail today that, due to increasing publishing, printing, and mailing cost Aquarium Fish International's last publication will be the September 2012 issue. WTH! To beat it all, with no option given to me, they are transferring the remainder of my subscription to dog fancy....BOOOOOO!!

Time to find a new magazine I guess. What do you all recommend?

I got that same notification. I just subscribed last month & have only received one magazine! LOL. They're switching me to "Dog Fancy", good thing I have dogs!

shellieca said:
I got that same notification. I just subscribed last month & have only received one magazine! LOL. They're switching me to "Dog Fancy", good thing I have dogs!

What bad luck :( at least you have dogs. I mean, my wife has a dog, but I barely tolerate the little turd lol.

i live in florida, just a few miles from one of the biggest areas for fish and reefs and i have to drive over an hour in heavy traffic to get to an lfs that is decent enough to answer questions, show you things and help you make knowlegeable decisions, without you having to pay one red cent. it's also closer to me to just go to the ocean with a few buckets, get my own saltwater and a few things off the beach. if it wasn't so polluted. so, our problems getting current info doesn't just happen in your area, but everywhere. even in florida.
and since im on my bandwagon, we need to be purchasing captive bred animals because it won't be much longer and we won't have the opportunity to have a great number of the fishes we currently see in the lfs. and i got that from the publication that is becoming extinct. like some fish, corals and aquarists.

AquaTricia said:
i live in florida, just a few miles from one of the biggest areas for fish and reefs and i have to drive over an hour in heavy traffic to get to an lfs that is decent enough to answer questions, show you things and help you make knowlegeable decisions, without you having to pay one red cent. it's also closer to me to just go to the ocean with a few buckets, get my own saltwater and a few things off the beach. if it wasn't so polluted. so, our problems getting current info doesn't just happen in your area, but everywhere. even in florida.
and since im on my bandwagon, we need to be purchasing captive bred animals because it won't be much longer and we won't have the opportunity to have a great number of the fishes we currently see in the lfs. and i got that from the publication that is becoming extinct. like some fish, corals and aquarists.

Totally agree with you. Captive bred is the only way to go.

I just got off the phone with the company that I ordered Aquarium Fish from, and they let me apply my remaining balance towards Coral magazine. I've always wanted to get it, but couldn't justify the $37 for 6 issues.

jefferzbooboo said:
I just got off the phone with the company that I ordered Aquarium Fish from, and they let me apply my remaining balance towards Coral magazine. I've always wanted to get it, but couldn't justify the $37 for 6 issues.

I might do this, I need a magazine to look forward to every month lol.

Back
Top Bottom