Aquarium Fish International is Done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a post card in the mail today that, due to increasing publishing, printing, and mailing cost Aquarium Fish International's last publication will be the September 2012 issue. WTH! To beat it all, with no option given to me, they are transferring the remainder of my subscription to dog fancy....BOOOOOO!!

Time to find a new magazine I guess. What do you all recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhino said:
I just got a post card in the mail today that, due to increasing publishing, printing, and mailing cost Aquarium Fish International's last publication will be the September 2012 issue. WTF! To beat it all, with no option given to me, they are transferring the remainder of my subscription to dog fancy....BOOOOOO!!

I heard the last one was October. But if it is September, I already got my last one! Boo hoo

Why would they switch the subscription to Dog Fancy lol, that's soo dumb.

Pfft, dog fancy. Ill throw them in the shredder when mine.arrive haha

Rhino said:
I just got a post card in the mail today that, due to increasing publishing, printing, and mailing cost Aquarium Fish International's last publication will be the September 2012 issue. WTF! To beat it all, with no option given to me, they are transferring the remainder of my subscription to dog fancy....BOOOOOO!!

I got the same postcard. Almost made me sick. I loved that magazine. I called them and they will refund my subscription instead of sending me a publication I do not care for. Try that. Other than Corals mag and Tropical Fish Hobbyist, what else is there?

AquaTricia said:
I got the same postcard. Almost made me sick. I loved that magazine. I called them and they will refund my subscription instead of sending me a publication I do not care for. Try that. Other than Corals mag and Tropical Fish Hobbyist, what else is there?

Will definitely do this....stupid dog fancy. My wife was so excited lol.

I subscribe to Practical Fishkeeping from the UK. It costs an arm and a leg, but it's a great magazine and they sometimes have different ideas on fish keeping.

jefferzbooboo said:
I subscribe to Practical Fishkeeping from the UK. It costs an arm and a leg, but it's a great magazine and they sometimes have different ideas on fish keeping.

Might have to try this.

Yeah, I may give it a try then too. Always have to have something about this hobby, this part of my life to read. Thanks for the suggestion.:(

AquaTricia said:
Yeah, I may give it a try then too. Always have to have something about this hobby, this part of my life to read. Thanks for the suggestion.:(

Totally agree with this. Kind of upsetting that there are so few options out there for aquarium keepers, yet there are six million celebrity bs magazines. I feel that this hobby needs a big revival to revitalize it. Especially in my area.

I asked for a refund also. What are they trying to pull with the dog, cat, horse fancy stuff thats the three they tried to offer me.

yeah, i agree with you as well. i have purchased every book in print and a couple out of print, so i looked forward to my magazines to keep me up to date and see the ads. am totally disappointed. this magazine has been published four multitudes of years, and now to get a cheap little postcard telling us we're going to get Dog Fancy.... it's ridiculous.

I personally really enjoy Tropical Fish Hobbyist. Been around forever. Covers all aspects of fish keeping. They also publish the great TFH books I collect.

Amazonas is another, but it's 100% freshwater magazine (OK with me). It's new, and published six times per year.

jetajockey said:
I got the same card from Bird Talk magazine. Sending dog fancy instead =[.

Oh no, bird talk too? I used to like that magazine for some reason.

I guess there's more dog fans than fish and bird fans :(

You would think they'd have swapped everyone with a fish magazine over to Reptiles magazine. Much closer to fish keeping than Dog Fancy.

very sad. :bawl:
The only two magazines that I really liked are now "going to the dogs"... Both AFI and BirdTalk are ceasing publication. Both offer Dog Fancy instead. Bleah.

ccc

Back
Top Bottom