Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I saw that place featured on the Travel Channel!

Old 04-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Very disturbing, yet very yummy.
I think I'd have to be drunken as well to eat that. Maybe if there was some butter, garlic, and a hot skillet?

Quote:
I figure if I'm not a vegetarian, there are certain realities I need to be aware of.
Amen, sister. Like Darth Vader said in that Lion cartoon, it's the "circle of life". Don't get me wrong, I'm not into hunting as long as the grocery store is right next door or mcdonalds is down the street. Without these conveniences though, if I'm hungry, and you're lower on the food chain, then butter and garlic it is...

I once saw a movie called "circle of iron". it had david carridine in it and was about zen buddhism. he was teaching a student while resting by a river...

teacher: a fish saved my life once
student: really? how's that?
teacher: I ate him.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
That would be a cool place to eat.
I like that tank too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 04-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wowwee, those fish tanks make me drool with envy . . .
Am I the only one put off by all these eating-fish remarks?? 8O I've never liked the taste of seafood. The last time I even liked fish sticks or tuna fish salad was like 3rd or 4th grade. On top of that, I'm now vegetarian, and . . . well . . . blech blech blech! I think I'd die if I went to China and saw someone pick out some animal and then EAT IT. UGH. The reason I'm a vegetarian is that I like animals too much . . .
Well. Enough of that topic! I can only say I'm glad I never ate a fish and then had someone point out to me which one I was eating; that would have been horrid. Thanx for the link; I have folder on my 'puter where I put all the pictures of tanks that I'm green with envy for. Those definitely got plopped in there!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

fish

Personally, I could handle any of it. I'm not to great at rollercoasters and such, but when it comes to food... I have a strong stomach...
Purplestarfish, good for you... more people should be vegetarians. Have you ever eaten jello? Did you read my trivia question about jello? My wife and I are essentially Vegans but we have a few exceptions... fish is one of them. Out of all the meats, fish is the best one for you. And for those who say they couldn't see something living and then eat it, when's the last time you ate some chicken nuggets or a burger? I'll tell you something, those fish that you might see and then eat, they are treated much better than those burgers and nuggets were. Most cattle and poultry are pumped with hormones and antibiotics... If you've never seen what a poultry house looks like I urge you to look it up. We have chicken farms everywhere here... man does that stink, literally... You'd have a hard time walking through the chicken house they are packed in so tightly. They are pumped up so full of growth hormones that their bodies sometimes grow tooooo fast for their legs and their legs break... and from what I've heard, people with firsthand experience, those ones are often just left to die... And don't get me started on what caused mad cow........ anyway... fish is the only meat for us...
Old 04-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh yeah, eggs, who eats eggs? That is something I decided not to eat anymore... Sounds extremely harsh for a comparison, but it's like eating an unborn child. I just can't do it. Doesn't seem right to me. Eating an embryo... just weird.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:12 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
If you've never seen what a poultry house looks like I urge you to look it up.
I know a guy who worked at a chicken plant. He lasted one day. From the stories he told, I don't blame him...

Quote:
it's like eating an unborn child. ...Eating an embryo... just weird.
The eggs aren't fertilized, so it's not an embryo. There's no baby chicken growing inside of it. It's, well, an egg.

Does anybody know of any other restuarants or places with cool tanks?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #18

Let's just keep this in line folks, we all have our personal preferences in which types of food to eat. I just ask that no one get judgemental please. Thanks much.

Personally I'd have no problem eating seafood in that type of restaurant, my largest tank is easily visible from my dinner table at home.

Also, while I'm not a hunter, I am a fisherman. I do mostly catch and release, but I keep some for the table also. I would have to say it does give you a different perspective to take a living creature and turn it into dinner. I feel a responsibility to not be wasteful, and to be respectful of the fish I kill and eat.

Old 04-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I feel a responsibility to not be wasteful, and to be respectful of the fish I kill and eat.
I agree, I am a hunter and used to love to fish now I just get fish from my uncle that has a shrimp boat. I have no problem killing something for food. I just don't know if I want to sit in a resturant and have them point out what I'm eating. Might not bother me, after all you have to skin and gut a deer in order to prepare it for the freezer.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 04-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
My menu reads like Taz's..
I have eaten at home and when abroad:

(counting the young renamed types and the adults..)
Beef, Buffalo, Oxen, Venison, Moose, Elk, ,Pronghorn, goat, sheep, beefalo, horse, burro, pig, javelina, dog, cat, ostrich, parrot, various snakes, various, lizards, various insects (survival course..fired in nut butter and animal greas...MM-mm), chickens, snails, ducks, geese, swan, peacock, heron, ,tern, pelican, guinea hen, partridge, quail, wood grouse, turkeys, finches& various corvids (that survival course again), bear, racoon, opossum, oryx, sprinbok, and dried hippo, stoat, pine martin, seal, some type of fried whale adn whale fat jerky.Then, varied piscean animals and crustacians with shark and some oddities in the mix. Freshwater I haven eaten the standard fare, various catfish, carp, muskie pike, eel and recently smoked gouramy (which I would guess is snakeskin by the size markings and caudal).a few unknown animals when abroad,
Anything served by others and left out by name were unknown species.....

And I eat a hearty diet of plants too. Hey! ..I am democratic. Plants/animals...life I snuff out to fire up my own. And most are delicious...

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com