Aquarium Maintenance as a "career"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threnjen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is anyone here in the aquarium maintenance business?

Always seems like something fun to do, especially when the hubby won't let me set up any more tanks.

I've wondered the same. My area has quite a few Cheddars Casual Café's and each one has 6x2x2 tank and they do nothing except feed the fish because someone comes in and does weekly maintenance for them. There is several lawyers offices around town, and other businesses that have large tanks as well and I know they do not maintain them theirselves. My local yellow pages has nothing in it I have found that would take care of such things so I'm clueless as to WHO does it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've wondered the same. My area has quite a few Cheddars Casual Café's and each one has 6x2x2 tank and they do nothing except feed the fish because someone comes in and does weekly maintenance for them. There is several lawyers offices around town, and other businesses that have large tanks as well and I know they do not maintain them theirselves. My local yellow pages has nothing in it I have found that would take care of such things so I'm clueless as to WHO does it

Local fish store owners? They probably offer those services.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can't say it isn't LFS who do the lawyer offices and such, but I know they're not the ones doing Cheddars. My wife worked there for years and said it was a middle age guy that took care of it and both my LFS are female owned and operated.

Hello,
I've thought about this a lot over the years . One thing that stopped me is it seems to be a primarily salt water business and I have no experience in that end of the hobby

My dream!
My #1 LFS just got back in the maintenance business and is doing very well!
I love to change water and help others enjoy their tanks!

We have Cheddars here and the local fish store guy does it. He works at the local fish store but also has his own business cards and goes out and offers his services elsewhere, such as restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I was actually planning on doing this for people while they're on vacation during the summer, I think it's a good way for someone who's too young to have a "real" job to get some cash.

Back
Top Bottom