Aquatic Experience: To go, or not to go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlefish4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all! I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to go to the aquatic experience in Schaumburg IL in 2 weeks. This would be a long drive for me to attend the event and I could only go on Friday.

That said, I'll be ready to plant my new 10 gallon tank around the time of the show and if I could go there to purchase my plants of choice for a reasonable price, it would be really cool.

So, in conclusion, what is the AE like? Have you been there? If so, what's the selection of plants like?

Thanks to all responders!

Hello all! I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to go to the aquatic experience in Schaumburg IL in 2 weeks. This would be a long drive for me to attend the event and I could only go on Friday.

That said, I'll be ready to plant my new 10 gallon tank around the time of the show and if I could go there to purchase my plants of choice for a reasonable price, it would be really cool.

So, in conclusion, what is the AE like? Have you been there? If so, what's the selection of plants like?

Thanks to all responders!

If it's anything like MACNA I would go. I didn't even have a reef tank at the time of the convention but I still had an awesome time!

You ight check where it is planned to be next year and if it is farther away, then just go!

I also had a great time at MACNA. Places like that which present such well known speakers and vendors are worth it.

As a side note for affordable plants, check out the regional or state Aquarium Society and any other aquarium clubs for your area. We always have loads of plants for steal deals, and hobbyists who grow and sell things too, including rare and hard to get items.

Make sure to soak any plants with Prime and do some water changes with them due to chemical pest killing for imports, and consider a dip.

Back
Top Bottom