Aqueon glass lids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have had one Marineland glass lid and it fit fine, and on my recent tanks I have Aqueon glass lids and everyone I have bought fit all jacked up there all loose ( they stay on ) but never sit tight , on my 40g breeder the first lid was cut wrong , called them after I measured the lid and they told me it was even cut wrong, yesterday I went to Petco and was going to buy one for my 29g and it was cut unevenly, ( you could see it ) .....and keep in mind that all my tanks are Aqueons. Anyone else ran into this or heard of this problem.

I like the one on my 20 long... sorry that they are giving you trouble!

User said:
I like the one on my 20 long... sorry that they are giving you trouble!

Ya it's cool .... There not bad , just running into some bad luck with them

HalfMoon B said:
The two for my 40b doesn't sit COMPLETELY right, but they still do a great job IMO.

Ya they do do the job , just not as good as they could if cut better though. I do like how on my 40b is that it is a thick piece of glass.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I have an Aqueon one for my 10g and it rocks back and forth and is just barely wide enough to fit in. I guess it's the mismatched tanks?

Ya that is exactly how mine are too , just cut enough to rest on the ridge of the aquarium , on your mix match part I doubt it's that cause again mine are Aqueon aquariums , I remember when I first called them they also had to send me out a new filter for free cause the smaller filter wouldn't fit ( to wide ) and then the inlet tube was to long on the new one , so I bought a aquaclear instead , I think Aqueon just needs to be aware of this , cause I do really like some of there products , like there pro heaters and I still have a really small filter from them I use for back up and it polishes the water pretty nicely !

Back
Top Bottom