Are we prepared? Fish emergencies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
After reading 2 threads about mishaps and what not I decided to go out and get a XL Rubbermaid tub. I also placed an order online for the following.

Backup filter AC110
Backup heater AqueonPro 200 watt
Purigen 10 bags
Chemi pure elite 2 full units
Poly fill 2 bags
Nano power head 425
Prime 2 liters
Baking soda
Epsom salt
Kosher salt
4 battery operated air pumps

I know it may sound crazy but after hearing first hand I figured better safe then sorry. I made some good overtime Suomi figured why not. I'm ready for other emergencies with flashlights, bottled water etc so why not be ready incase something with my fish went wrong.

Now I do have a question. What are some good meds to have on hand incase something happens and I can't get to LFS right away. Also what have you done to become prepared and are you ready?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ya ya ya you fixed it should have quoted ya that way I had proof.

Some of these also the flakes are good to keep laying around.

I have found its better to have it on hand like your saying. Because things always.happen at the worst times

Haha yeah well... No proof now haha so... What meds buddy? What should I keep on hand as I'm making another small order then the wife has cut me off. Cost me so far, sneakers, shows Victoria Secret (amazing how much women pay for underwear!!! Holy Cow!!!) 7 pairs cost me 127.00!!!!!!!!!! What the!!!!

Anyway then a watch and some sweat pants and sweat shirts.

Somehow I think once again I got the short end of the stick!

I think it's very smart what you did. If I could afford it I would do the same. You can Never be to careful. Good stuff bro.

I forgot the link, I edited above.

The flakes are good to have around and the powder of
Metronidazole Powder 100%.

They do a good job on the site listing what each one is for. Check it out

I think it's very smart what you did. If I could afford it I would do the same. You can Never be to careful. Good stuff bro.

Thanks! I normally wouldn't be able to but the storms have allowed me to with overtime and all.

Good idea, has me wanting to order some backups as soon as I'm out of the doghouse :)

lol!! Now I'm IN the dog house haha

Glad I opened up your eyes and that's quiet a.list lol

Yeah sorry it had to happen but you got me thinking. All this money we put into out tanks, the time, the effort... Are really prepared?

Now when all this stuff comes.... The Rubbermaid standing by, I can say yes... I'm prepared.

Again sorry for your troubles but I hope many learn from your experience.

Sounds to me like your trying to fool the wife with your 'Emergency' backups. I'm sure a New Tank might 'accidentally' be ordered also..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Living here in FL, we pretty much stack up on plenty for the hurricane season & I don't mean U.M games cause the will be a cold one & burgers. Anyways, having a small generator as well like from Honda wouldnt hurt they are a bit on the $$$$ but so is what we have in our aquarium. Enough to keep things going for a few hrs. Here it will be for a few weeks without power/. The Fuel efficient for their small unit runs 8hrs on 0.6 gal of gas.

Back
Top Bottom