Are you obsessed with your tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do you know you are obcessed with your tanks? Do you get excited over weekly water changes? Ways to make it a better place for your fish?

I gaze longingly into my tanks for hours on end dreaming of going swimming with the shrimpz! err well I actually get really excited about just about anything in my tank o_O

Ya crazy fish lady...., hubby says to me... "your eyes just light up when you are taking about fish" (shrimp and tanks). He shakes his head and smiles, doesn't exactly understand but loves me!!! He calls it my therapy.

Now that i think about it, can the thing you are crazy over / addicted to also be the cure???

The wife says I am. Had a 20 gallon, then upgraded to a 46g bow front and took down the 20g. Put a 10g up for like 2 weeks, knocked it down to put the 20g back up. Now I am not allowed to put the 10 gallon back up. :( but why can't I lol

Considering that within a year a 12 year old (me) has gotten:
Firebellied toads
2 tortoises
2 bearded dragons
20 gallon
10 gallon

Some of those are my Brother's but I still care and feed all those Animals along with a dog and cat. Also I help my mom with her pond. I think I have MTS. BTW I'm setting up my first saltwater (a 75 gallon volitan lionfish)

aaronjohn20 - do you love your 46?

That's what I wanted due to the size of the location I can fit it. But I had previously given all of my stuff to a friend when I moved out of state and she was still using it when I moved back. I got a small bowfront just to get my feet wet hahah....after 2 years off with NO fish but decided I needed a bigger tank.

I couldn't find an affordable used one and have since bought several other tanks, but it just isn't what I wanted ....so now a handful of tanks later I still want the 46 gal bowfront :lol: And probably spent as much on all the other tanks put together, I should have just got the 46 in the first place :nono:

I spend more time with my fish tanks than I do with my husband. Lol. I have a 75 gallon and 29 gallon saltwater tanks and a 140 gallon freshwater tank. A n d.....A koi pond. A n d......4 dogs. Hubby says my fish hobby is getting out of control. Lol. Maybe that's cause now I have a new filter on the way. Bigger and better. Always ordering something. My corals and fishy's are very happy.

I spend so much time looking at my tanks it's ridiculous. I'm supposed to be doing this or that and I find myself just sitting in front of one of the tanks.... :fish1:

Autumnsky said:
aaronjohn20 - do you love your 46?

That's what I wanted due to the size of the location I can fit it. But I had previously given all of my stuff to a friend when I moved out of state and she was still using it when I moved back. I got a small bowfront just to get my feet wet hahah....after 2 years off with NO fish but decided I needed a bigger tank.

I couldn't find an affordable used one and have since bought several other tanks, but it just isn't what I wanted ....so now a handful of tanks later I still want the 46 gal bowfront :lol: And probably spent as much on all the other tanks put together, I should have just got the 46 in the first place :nono:

Yea we love it and only paid $50 for the tank, stand, light, and some other stuff.

ForumRunner_20120521_011549.jpg

I will be keeping my eyes open. Every time I find a great deal someone else gets there first!!!! I'll keep trying. $50.00 is about my budget too.

Ptrick125 said:
Considering that within a year a 12 year old (me) has gotten:
Firebellied toads
2 tortoises
2 bearded dragons
20 gallon
10 gallon

Some of those are my Brother's but I still care and feed all those Animals along with a dog and cat. Also I help my mom with her pond. I think I have MTS. BTW I'm setting up my first saltwater (a 75 gallon volitan lionfish)

Cool to see another younger guy, although i am older. Still, in only 1 YEAR..i have had a 10 gallon, another 10 gallon, a 40 gallon (all fresh), then a 30 salt, a 2.5 fresh, and now am preparing to transfer to a 66 salt as my last tank! Sheesh..i feel ba now haha

Yeah I'm addicted... went in my room cause my mom told me to find some dark clothes for a load of laundry I got distracted looking at five shaoling rummynose tetras and a African butterfly fish (all purchased yesterday) and ended up giving my butterfly a cricket and for the first time seeing him eat it I was amazed I then proceeded to walk out my room realize I forgot the clothes and after twenty minutes got the clothes lol
PS then I wanted to tell my mom what I had witnessed but stopped realizing I shouldn't have done it lol im only 16 c
So I would still have gotten punished hehehe

Aquariums are like Tylenol, one is fine but you want 3. I started out digging out my old 55g. That week a 21g and a 4g were in the picture. Granted the 4g has 1 fish in it, and a hob, a heater, air stone and proper substrate- no matter...once an aquarist, your counter space will decrease as additions of those glass walled, water-filled devices pop up like mushrooms. HOO-RAH!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Nice :) freshwater?? Your name suggests otherwise ;)

I have a 65 salt and a 50 long fresh and a twenty gallon fresh and my dads tank is a five gallon fresh and trigger fish are my favorite saltwater fish!!! :)

Last night I went into the game-room/pet-room to study and I ended up doing a 20% water change in the 20 gallon.

When I started dreaming about my next tank build(including DIYing the stand in my dream) I realized I'm obsessed lol.

Back
Top Bottom